Talk

Advanced search

Technology style present for 7 year old?

(9 Posts)
Grimmfebruary Sun 19-Nov-17 23:56:06

Has an iPad. Plays on his dads games consoles, not overly fussed. Has a ds at his mums. Loves his dads laptop.

Any techy sort of ideas for him?

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Sun 19-Nov-17 23:57:49

Snap circuits?

Stompythedinosaur Mon 20-Nov-17 00:09:48

My 6yo enjoys 3d goggles which work with her dad or my smartphone.

Grimmfebruary Mon 20-Nov-17 00:09:50

I've never even heard of them! He loves playing with toys don't get me wrong, just would rather acknowledge his love of technology too!

CantSleepClownsWillEatMe Mon 20-Nov-17 00:10:17

It sounds like he already has or has access to any tech he might be interested in and you say yourself he's not fussed. Just wondering why it needs to be a tech gift? 7 is young enough to be interested still in all sorts of other things, what else does he like?

Grimmfebruary Mon 20-Nov-17 00:12:16

I was just looking for techy ideas, he's starting to really enjoy science.

Loves cars, trains, dressing up... doesn't enjoy reading so much. He's not fussed so much Ruth games consoles, just looking for more productive/interesting tech than watching shite on YouTube 😂

CantSleepClownsWillEatMe Mon 20-Nov-17 00:26:38

Ah ok, I thought given what you'd listed you meant computer games. So maybe more STEM type stuff?

Would he be into some of the build your own robot type things?

Snap circuits good as a pp recommended.

What about construction type toys? Presumably he has Lego, what 7 year old doesn't grin but maybe k'nex, meccano?

Grimmfebruary Mon 20-Nov-17 00:30:42

We have enough Lego to build a new house with 😂

He's really starting to enjoy sciencey things so the snap circuits look really cool. Will go investigate k'nex and Meccano 😁

Stompythedinosaur Tue 21-Nov-17 14:17:50

We've got 6yo dd1 the learning resources coding mouse which I think she'll enjoy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: