Talk

Advanced search

What is your 6 year old DS getting from Santa?

(19 Posts)
Mumguiltisabitch Sun 19-Nov-17 23:17:56

This has been done to death im sure, But 6.5 year old DS has no idea what to ask santa for. 1st world problems I know. He has lots of Lego but doesn't really go for the kits, just bungs all his pieces in together and builds til his hearts content so he has loads. Adores art. Has a bike. Would like a ride on car that a friends DS has but he is 3 and my DS is huge in it! Would play on my phone or watch tv all day if he was allowed but has no real concept of owning his own tablet or of games consoles so unsure about introducing technology before he has even asked for it. I'd love some ideas please!! This gets harder as they get older!

Leeds2 Sun 19-Nov-17 23:38:09

A scooter.

SparklingSnowfall Sun 19-Nov-17 23:43:24

DS (6.5) is getting a Nintendo DS & hex bugs

Mumguiltisabitch Sun 19-Nov-17 23:45:32

Oh hex bugs sound familiar I must look those up thanks. I'd definitely get him a DS if he showed an interest.

Stompythedinosaur Mon 20-Nov-17 00:10:37

My 6yo is getting a y scooter and a spy kit.

MrsAmaretto Mon 20-Nov-17 00:23:48

Last year DS was 6 and the gifts (Santa & others) he has played with all year are
- kidizoom action camera
- snap circuits
- spy kit
- bunchems
- quixels
- Whatever Next? board game

Braceface Mon 20-Nov-17 00:26:17

I have a 6 year old too who also loves Lego but only building the sets and following the instructions so we have loads of broken up Lego that doesn't get played with so i don't reallt want to get him any more!

Grimmfebruary Mon 20-Nov-17 00:37:45

We had lots of nerf guns, playmobil and fancy dress last year. And is Osborne boys sticker books about ww1/2, soldiers, etc.

MrsAmaretto Mon 20-Nov-17 00:41:31

Last year DS was 6 and the gifts (Santa & others) he has played with all year are
- kidizoom action camera
- snap circuits
- spy kit
- bunchems
- quixels
- Whatever Next? board game

TheBlueMeaniesAreComing Mon 20-Nov-17 02:06:39

My ds is 6. His Santa list is lego, a nerf gun, a new teddy bear, a magic set and pie face. I’ve also got him some police playmobil, a cunstruction and fire man set (with the vehicles and wee men) dress up costumes, a joke set, Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban illustrated version and a history of magic illustrated. His stocking will have colouring in books and pencils, some sweets, an iron man fidget spinner (they calm him down when he’s speech issues frustrate him) and some jigsaw puzzles

BlueUggs Mon 20-Nov-17 02:23:13

Cozmo. Christmas and birthday combined.

WickedLazy Mon 20-Nov-17 02:46:05

Nintendo 3ds (which is as much for me once he goes to bed, as for him), a few games for it, and some other cheap but fun or interesting bits.

YoureTheVoice Mon 20-Nov-17 03:35:56

Ours has asked for a ukulele. A metal detector was another request and a pogo stick. He's getting a new bike with gears as his big present.

FixItUpChappie Mon 20-Nov-17 03:43:11

My just turned 7yr old is getting....

-Lego Nexo Knight Fortrex
-Aftershock: Earthquake Lab
-Playskool Galactic Heroes Imperial Walker
-Playskool Galactic Heroes Tie Fighter
-Star Projector
-Playmobil Ghostbusters car
-Binoculars (Kidnoculars)
-Monopoly
-the first Harry Potter and audio cd.

He is sharing a lap harp with his brother and a family game called "Klisk" - a sort of magnet hockey game from Sweden.

beargryllshasabigrope Mon 20-Nov-17 04:04:46

A goal, football & goalie gloves, Minecraft and some books.

FixItUpChappie Mon 20-Nov-17 04:35:34

That should say "Klask", not Klisk FYI

Mumguiltisabitch Mon 20-Nov-17 06:52:54

Thanks for all your ideas. Laughing at some of the overlap. He has the kiddizoom and a few other bits mentioned but lots to slip into conversation thanks!

elQuintoConyo Mon 20-Nov-17 08:26:13

DS will be 6yo in a couple of weeks! For birthday and/or Christmas he is getting:

Bike
Train set (with passenger train AND goods train, he is going to FLIP!)
Spongebob boardgame
World map for his wall
Jigsaws
Where's Wally book

Then some random stuff from us ir fruends/family:
Wooden train whistle (thanks, Dad hmmgrin)
Paint your own dinosaur
100 vehicle stickers with his name on
His name in led lights
Matilda the book
Some lego (small boxes).

Last year he got walky talkies (€20 on Amazon's black Friday for Motorola, not crappy character ones). He takes them out on every dog walk, picnic, hike we do. He takes them to the playground with his friends and they have shrieky fun for hours! It was a really good gift.

He also got a microscope for looking at insects and flowers etc, he still loves it.

My mum bought him a huge bag of plastic soldiers in a charity shop for 50p in June and they are currently standing sentry all over my house! They get played with a lot.

Bellasaurous Mon 20-Nov-17 08:45:53

My ds just turned 7 for birthday and Christmas has got all the main things. Extras that are not lego or xbox games are :

Dobble ( you get cars , star wars etc special editions too )
Junior Meccano
Cinema vouchers
Night away at premier inn all my kids love this and gets 121 time and a break for me or DH !
Lush bath bombs
Scratch and sketch books
Science set
Remote control car
Coding book for Scratch Jnr . Would love Cosmo or Lego Robot but too expensive as already have main presents bought.
Books & audio books . Harry Potter, How to Train Your Dragon, Enid Blyton, Tom Gates, etc- we download alot and put on his ipad as it is really expensive.

Can anyone recommend a star projector or spy kit? I have looked at a few however the reviews seem quite mixed for all especially the projectors .

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: