Talk

Advanced search

Present for couple with young children

(9 Posts)
OnMyWhistle Tue 14-Nov-17 13:11:55

I’m trying to think of a gift for my sister and BIL. They have 3 young children including a newborn and a low income. I thought maybe a voucher for a family day out somewhere but they can only use public transport. Something useful like a meat hamper for the freezer?
Any ideas anyone?

Justmuddlingalong Tue 14-Nov-17 13:13:35

How about a restaurant voucher along with a voucher saying you'll babysit.

Kraggle Tue 14-Nov-17 13:14:09

I would be greatful for a meat hamper or a voucher for a local supermarket.

ImAMarshmellow Tue 14-Nov-17 13:24:45

Either a voucher for somewhere they can get a posh take home meal (MandS if there’s has a food hall etc), you could do a day out voucher but mention you will fund x amount for the train fair just to let you know when they want it booked, or alternatively you could do something like subscription to Netflix/nowtv movies or similar. Could also do a voucher for a restaurant but state that you will babysit the kids.

Stickerrocks Tue 14-Nov-17 13:51:05

Cook vouchers as they do home delivery.

MammaElf Tue 14-Nov-17 14:24:17

Personally with a young baby I wouldn’t have had the energy to go out anywhere, so something like a tv subscription and/or deliveroo voucher would’ve been greatly appreciated! Perhaps a little ‘cosy night in’ hamper with Netflix voucher, snacks, drinks, blanket etc?

OnMyWhistle Tue 14-Nov-17 18:25:28

Thanks for all suggestions- yes I did think maybe a voucher to babysit while they go out - although little one is breast feeding just now so not sure they could be out too long.

PodgeBod Tue 14-Nov-17 18:48:25

Give them a card with the money in it. If they are struggling for money it will mean so much more, even if it’s not very Christmassy.

OnMyWhistle Tue 14-Nov-17 18:53:37

Yeah maybe Podge - perhaps I’m overthinking it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now