Talk

Advanced search

Present for couple with young children

(9 Posts)
OnMyWhistle Tue 14-Nov-17 13:11:55

I’m trying to think of a gift for my sister and BIL. They have 3 young children including a newborn and a low income. I thought maybe a voucher for a family day out somewhere but they can only use public transport. Something useful like a meat hamper for the freezer?
Any ideas anyone?

Justmuddlingalong Tue 14-Nov-17 13:13:35

How about a restaurant voucher along with a voucher saying you'll babysit.

Kraggle Tue 14-Nov-17 13:14:09

I would be greatful for a meat hamper or a voucher for a local supermarket.

ImAMarshmellow Tue 14-Nov-17 13:24:45

Either a voucher for somewhere they can get a posh take home meal (MandS if there’s has a food hall etc), you could do a day out voucher but mention you will fund x amount for the train fair just to let you know when they want it booked, or alternatively you could do something like subscription to Netflix/nowtv movies or similar. Could also do a voucher for a restaurant but state that you will babysit the kids.

Stickerrocks Tue 14-Nov-17 13:51:05

Cook vouchers as they do home delivery.

MammaElf Tue 14-Nov-17 14:24:17

Personally with a young baby I wouldn’t have had the energy to go out anywhere, so something like a tv subscription and/or deliveroo voucher would’ve been greatly appreciated! Perhaps a little ‘cosy night in’ hamper with Netflix voucher, snacks, drinks, blanket etc?

OnMyWhistle Tue 14-Nov-17 18:25:28

Thanks for all suggestions- yes I did think maybe a voucher to babysit while they go out - although little one is breast feeding just now so not sure they could be out too long.

PodgeBod Tue 14-Nov-17 18:48:25

Give them a card with the money in it. If they are struggling for money it will mean so much more, even if it’s not very Christmassy.

OnMyWhistle Tue 14-Nov-17 18:53:37

Yeah maybe Podge - perhaps I’m overthinking it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: