Talk

Advanced search

Aldi Christmas

(14 Posts)
SmileAndNod Mon 13-Nov-17 19:16:17

Last year Aldi had some quite nice food in - a croquembouche (sp?), some seafood bits and nearer Christmas itself basic veg for 19p a pack. Has anyone seen anything advertised as yet? Wonder if its worth making a trip or not.

Goshthatwentwell Tue 14-Nov-17 17:43:38

Lidls haven't started yet ( in a big way - lots of chocolates/ stollen in). Lots seem to be in on the 18th November and they had a massive side of the store being emptied.....

LapdanceShoeshine Tue 14-Nov-17 17:48:45

Warning about last year’s basic veg - Aldi’s Maris Pipers are usually wonderful but last year’s 19p ones were horrible - hard & slimy 🤢

So if they have them again this year I won’t be bothering!

Dexywexy Tue 14-Nov-17 17:49:33

The Aldi Christmas brochure is out here. The food looks lovely in it.

NC4now Tue 14-Nov-17 17:51:15

It’s always worth a trip to Aldi for their Christmas pudding and stollen alone. Anything else is a bonus.

goose1964 Thu 16-Nov-17 10:50:38

Remember to get their lebkuchen as they are proper German ones and gorgeous unlike the British ones from other supermarkets

pinkingshears Thu 16-Nov-17 11:07:39

Saw the brochure yesterday when I was there getting basic food
(and some stollen and lebkuchen may have fallen into the trolley...)
It looks the best ever and out M&S's M&S imho.... grin

DownTheChimney Fri 17-Nov-17 13:06:00

Oooh their Chocolate orange mince pies were in today when I went, yum

girlywhirly Fri 17-Nov-17 14:12:29

I hope they are doing white chocolate reindeer still, they are gorgeous!

LBOCS2 Fri 17-Nov-17 15:53:01

Their brochure looks fantastic, so I’d definitely say that they’re worth a look.

StormyLovesOdd Fri 17-Nov-17 16:46:18

I love the stollen bites, avoiding them at the moment as impossible not to eat the whole box once opened

NashvilleQueen Fri 17-Nov-17 16:49:12

Some really nice looking stuff in their Christmas brochure.

Wiifitmama Fri 17-Nov-17 20:16:28

I was in our Aldi today and browsed all the Christmas treats. It all looked lovely and I will certainly be buying from there and not M and S or Waitrose. I didn't buy today as I don't want to eat it yet! DO you think they will still have plenty closer to Christmas?

Also, does anyone know if their chocolates are palm oil free?

TrickyD Fri 17-Nov-17 20:59:21

Lidls have croquembouches in at the moment and they look exactly the same as last year's Aldi version. £5.99. I bagged one and it's in the freezer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now