Talk

Advanced search

What do you use Alexa for?

(5 Posts)
Zapdos Mon 13-Nov-17 11:45:56

Hi

We are thinking of getting my Dad an Amazon Echo Dot for Christmas. Can I ask for your experiences with it - is it worth the money, what do you use it for on a daily basis?

Is it worth having as a stand alone thing - my Dad doesn't have Hive (?), Amazon Prime membership etc...

Thanks!

rainbowduck Mon 13-Nov-17 11:49:15

J bought it for my dad last year. He is tech savvy but still a bit perplexed by it in all honesty.

The home facility is always good for a laugh though. I would buy it again for him.

Thisandthat2017 Mon 13-Nov-17 12:32:41

To shout at mainly! She never does what we ask and is totally frustrating!!!
Me - Alexa play classic fm on tune in
Alexa - playing plastic f7n on tune in
Hubby - Alexa play talksport on tune in
Alexa - do you want me to play talk sport on tune in?
Hubby - Yes!
Alexa - I'm sorry I cannot find talk sport on tune in
Hubby - but you were playing it 5 minute ago you dozy mare! Alexa you are stupid.
Alexa - I am sorry to have disappointed you.

This is a regular conversation between the two of them 😂

Zapdos Mon 13-Nov-17 12:49:33

Thanks. Do you pay for additional subscription type services (audible, amazon music) or do you just use it on its own?

Curiousgeorgey Mon 13-Nov-17 13:05:32

We use it for music mainly but also weather, news, timers, alarms.

We pay for amazon prime which gives you access to music too.

Like PP she can stuggle to understand. My DD aged 14 months constantly asks for peppa and ill ask alexa to play peppa pig and get paper planes, pepper cake, paper peg but rarely get peppa pig and DD doesn't understand why not!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: