Talk

Advanced search

Unlit or lit?

(10 Posts)
Kion Mon 13-Nov-17 11:07:35

We need a new tree this year and was thinking a pre lit one was maybe the way to go, but not sure. Just thinking it would save the hassle of tangled lights every year and save some time.
I want to get a really nice luxury full tree that is 7ft that had lots and lots of lovely soft white lights.
Any recommendations?

singadream Mon 13-Nov-17 11:49:02

following

NoWordForFluffy Mon 13-Nov-17 12:23:43

We've bought a lit one for the first time and I'm TOO excited by it as I could never achieve the same twinkliness with lights I put on myself. Roll on 2nd December to put the tree up!

LivLemler Mon 13-Nov-17 12:37:57

I have two pre-lit ones and I love them. So so much easier than faffing around with lights. Much less swearing involved now!

ZaphodBeeblerox Mon 13-Nov-17 12:45:09

We’ve just got a balsam Hill prelit one. No idea how it’s going to be but hoping it’s good!

PJBanana Mon 13-Nov-17 13:08:54

Agree with everyone else, pre-lit trees look gorgeous and make decorating so much easier.

We have a £120 one that we bought from Next 3 years ago and it still looks as good as new.

Kion Mon 13-Nov-17 21:40:03

That’s really helpful all, thank you. I think pre lit is the way to go!
So the Next ones are good then, I may go for one as I have an account with them so that would be handy.
How much did you all pay for yours, if I may ask.
Is between 100 and 200 about the price for a really twinkly one? I notice around 300 LED’s seems to be common. Hopefully that would be enough twinkles smile.

NoWordForFluffy Mon 13-Nov-17 22:16:41

We have this one. Not sure how many lights, but it's very twinkly!

Kion Tue 14-Nov-17 12:08:19

That’s a nice one noword.
I have taken the plunge and ordered a 7ft Pre-Lit one from Next. It should arrive tomorrow! I’m very** excited.
Thanks again for your help.

Kion Tue 14-Nov-17 12:09:02

Not sure what the asterisk is all about hmmhaha.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now