Talk

Advanced search

Fingerlings unicorns

(19 Posts)
pineappleeyes Mon 13-Nov-17 09:40:22

I've been trying to get the unicorn fingerlings from toys r us for weeks. I've gone in on delivery days and loitered until they are unpacking. I've called and asked if there are any unicorns but there are never any in any stores nears me.( west yorks)

These are the top present my girls want so I'm desperate. There's still a good few weeks to go until Christmas but it's not looking promising and I'm getting twitchy!!!!

So I'm asking you wonderful mumsnettets for any tips to get my hands on two unicorn ones.

eyesonme Mon 13-Nov-17 09:46:09

Ooh watching with interest, I'm also in west yorks and trying desperately to get a black one

illuminousopptomist Mon 13-Nov-17 09:46:49

Count me in too.

Kathsmum Mon 13-Nov-17 09:49:08

Not sure about u icorns but my sis got hers from very. Arrived next day too.

MaryPoppinsPenguins Mon 13-Nov-17 09:50:55

I want two as well... I've promised DH I won't do what I did last year and resort to eBay. (Stupid hatchimals blush)

Isadora2007 Mon 13-Nov-17 09:56:27

Set an alarm for 6am and check the toysrus website. I had one in my basket the other day but couldn’t find anything else to buy and wanted free delivery! So didn’t get it.

There seems to always be stock on their site early hours. Sit tight. I bet they will have loads eventually. Don’t pay over the odds.

tumpymummy Mon 13-Nov-17 10:03:40

I'm tempted to buy one of the copy versions on ebay or amazon. Has anyone bought one. Are they any good?

Isadora2007 Mon 13-Nov-17 10:07:10

Amazon ones don’t arrive!

pineappleeyes Mon 13-Nov-17 21:44:21

Been to toys r us today they said ring at 9 am on Wed Thurs a fri and they'll check stock. If there are any in theyll save 1 per person but only for a few hours they can't keep them all day

PorklessPie Mon 13-Nov-17 21:47:23

Sign up to stock informer. It's how I got the lol big surprise, hatchimals egg carton, hatchimals nursery and two fingerlings.

pineappleeyes Mon 13-Nov-17 22:11:25

I've signed up porkless when I get the email I go to try and buy them but they're out of stock 😭

illuminousopptomist Mon 13-Nov-17 22:17:09

I think I am going to get the swing set for £39.99 tomorrow from Smyths. I can't be doing with checking everywhere for them everyday, I did it with Hatchimals last year and did get one from Tesco but they were such a disappointing item that I wish I hadn't bothered.

NovemberBlues Mon 13-Nov-17 22:24:22

Doesn't argos still have the swing set with two monkey's? I must admit I'm a bit harder when it comes to these things! I would get the monkey and if they complained make up some story about unicorn being too rare even for fc.... At least they would be getting a fingerlings!

illuminousopptomist Mon 13-Nov-17 22:27:40

No I have tried argos a few times.

pineappleeyes Mon 13-Nov-17 22:33:35

I might do the same november but the swing is out of stock everywhere too!!
I've become a bit obsessed with getting them...I won't rest until I have them!!

EvilCleverDog Tue 14-Nov-17 00:12:33

The had the turquoise monkeys in stock online earlier today

EvilCleverDog Tue 14-Nov-17 00:12:55

^ in Tesco direct

illuminousopptomist Tue 14-Nov-17 13:01:35

You can order fingerlings from Smyths with a £5 deposit. I have just ordered one now but not the unicorns.

BluthsFrozenBananas Tue 14-Nov-17 13:06:25

On the Christmas bargains thread people have discovered that if you go on the Toys r Us site first thing (as in 4.30am) they seem to realease a few every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now