Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for male teacher

(14 Posts)
Starlight2345 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:12:01

Son wants to buy a gift ( well wants me to buy one) but he has no idea. He is probably in his 50's , kids at uni. not sure if he drinks ( can't imagine he doesn't after a week with my DS) but means I don't want to buy alchohol.

Ideas please?

RupertsMum2 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:21:25

Ds3 has two male teachers. We have bought them faux leather cases with little post it notes from the works and chocolate. I bought similar less bargainous ones last year and they seemed to go down well.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 12-Nov-17 20:24:43

We only ever give things the kids have made, just really to see how committed they are to giving a present and partly because I’m too tight and busy to go shopping for them.

You can get some nice chrsimas themed cake cases and cake boxes. DD likes to make Nigellas chocolate muffins.

WaxOnFeckOff Sun 12-Nov-17 20:25:13

I always went with beer or wine. Some nice pens?

Daffydil Sun 12-Nov-17 20:26:01

We will probably make some Christmassy fudge for DS's teacher (and the TAs will get the same - it's unisex fudge)

Watchingcountryfile Sun 12-Nov-17 20:29:57

I normally get a Costa voucher for teachers. Always appreciated. At Christmas, I sometimes get a nice tree decoration too.

daisydalrymple Sun 12-Nov-17 20:32:44

This year I've bought WWF calendars, there's a fragile earth and an amazing species one, both beautiful. I know they're into looking after the planet, love wildlife etc. I figured they can put them up in the classrooms if they don't want to take them home.

Previously bought notebook with pic of something I know they're interested in on front. Gadget pen. British library crime classics Christmas murder mystery short stories. (Sherlock Holmes fan )

ja9r Sun 12-Nov-17 20:54:44

Teachers love stationery - nice new pens, sharpies, post its etc

ja9r Sun 12-Nov-17 20:55:23

in the past i've given male teachers a travel mug and a molton brown ultra bar.

Mrsmadevans Sun 12-Nov-17 20:59:58

A book of first class stamps some wildlife notelets and a nice pen?

Starlight2345 Sun 12-Nov-17 21:01:19

Thank you. I saw his response to a child who went to ask for cake box back. While he was very enthusiastic about how child could take box and He would put it in a paper towel and eat it later..I am confident he didn't. But yes may well go down the stationary route.

jocktamsonsbairn Sun 12-Nov-17 21:30:20

A lot of school staff don’t eat homemade stuff unless the family is known for cleanliness!! We see how hygienic little people can be during the day in general and also when making things!!
If you don’t want to go down the beer/wine/biscuits/chocs route then what about a nice notebook he can use in staff meeting, Costa or amazon voucher? Moulton brown shower gel bauble? Book token?

upsydaisies Sun 12-Nov-17 21:36:07

Not to be rude but I never eat things the kids have baked. I am super lovely to them and say huge thank you’s but always promise to save it so I can have it with a cuppa. Stationary is a brilliant idea, books are good, a mug is always appreciated because mugs get “borrowed” a lot at school. You can buy cheap white mugs, draw/write on them with a sharpie and then bake in the oven on a low heat for an hour and it seals the colour on. Will cost you a pound and some time on your DS behalf but is a much nicer personal gift.

Starlight2345 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:10:21

I love the mug idea thank you.

Yes this teacher was the same with a lovely big thank you but I saw the signs...Child or my child for that matter who was with me would of had no idea.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: