Talk

Advanced search

Need a lovely Christmas cookie recipe that's not cinnamon

(11 Posts)
sweetheart Sun 12-Nov-17 19:35:25

Hi. If like to make my sister some Christmas cookies but she doesn't like cinnamon. Does anyone have any lovely recipes please?

DonkeyOaty Sun 12-Nov-17 19:47:10

Not a cookie but JO shortbread is amazing.
link I don't bother flavouring with anything, just the basic flour/sugar/butter is meltingly gorgeous.

ColinsVeryJolly Sun 12-Nov-17 20:47:46

I love me a Shrewsbury biscuit www.biscuit.org.uk/recipe/shrewsbury.htm

ja9r Sun 12-Nov-17 20:49:35

cranberry and orange

or cranberry and white choc?

FlaviaAlbia Sun 12-Nov-17 20:53:25

I make hazelnut biscuits by making 3-2-1 biscuits but substituting some of the flour for hazelnuts I've blitzed in a processor and toasted.

I tend to wing it so I'm not exactly sure of the ratios but probably half flour half hazelnut.

Ricekrispie22 Mon 13-Nov-17 06:09:06

If she likes chocolate and you're not adverse to a spot of decorating, then try these www.oetker.co.uk/uk-en/recipe/r/chocolate-chip-christmas-pudding-cookies.html
Alternatively...
BBC Good Food fruity biscotti
Sainsbury's jammy star biscuits
I add chunks of white chocolate to these cranberry and pistachio biscuits www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8022/fruity-christmas-biscotti
Florentines
Tesco have an absolutely gorgeous Lebkuchen recipe that used mixed spice but not cinnamon.

curragh Mon 13-Nov-17 06:27:49

Definitely Nigella's White Chocolate, cranberry and pecan cookies (recipe on line if you google it)

JenniferYellowHat1980 Mon 13-Nov-17 08:18:43

My gran makes lovely cherry shortbread biscuits. Can’t find the goddam recipe though.

funmummy48 Mon 13-Nov-17 08:35:50

Stained glass window biscuits. You cut a shape out of the middle & fill it with crushed, boiled sweets which melt in the oven to form a "window pane"? Google it for a recipe.

goose1964 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:08:51

Bigelow has several in her Christmas book, or just leave it out or replace with grated rind of an 🍊

goose1964 Mon 13-Nov-17 18:10:02

Where the hell did Bigelow come from, Nigella obvs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now