Talk

Advanced search

What to put in a food hamper

(10 Posts)
HighwayDragon1 Sun 12-Nov-17 18:26:59

So last year my parents are sandwiches for Xmas dinner (they were on holiday it was a picnic thing V romantic) anyway they're doing the same again this year so I'm going to make them a niace picnic box.

So far I've got

Cheeses
Crackers (Nairn)
Craft beer
Prosseco
Onion chutney (homemade)
Xmas cake (homemade)

To make things extra difficult DDad is a diabetic (t2) and doesn't really like sugar substitute stuff, so I need some diabetic friendly savoury treats that are also low salt.

HELP!

formerbabe Sun 12-Nov-17 18:51:52

Sun dried tomatoes
Olives (maybe too salty?)
Artichokes in olive oil

Ricekrispie22 Sun 12-Nov-17 18:57:01

The other type of cracker - the one that you pull! You can buy some really nice ones individually.
Festive napkins
Pate
Olives
Smoked salmon

KC225 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:00:28

Itsu seaweed thins. 22 calories a pack. Wasabi and soy sauce flavours. Delicious

cravingcake Sun 12-Nov-17 19:17:14

A nice set of glasses to drink the prosecco from.

Depending on when you are giving to them, a fresh punnet if strawberries could be nice for dessert.

cravingcake Sun 12-Nov-17 19:19:31

Just saw you want savoury so strawberries may not be suitable.

What about some nice nuts? —I’m quite clueless as to what diabetics can have though—

Spacebound Sun 12-Nov-17 19:22:35

What about some Italian meats if they like that sort of thing, and some homemade pickled veg, I love anything like that!

Maybe some artisan bread with homemade soup or dips like hummus.

Obviously depends what they like! Sounds like a great idea though smile

Leeds2 Sun 12-Nov-17 19:23:21

Posh crisps.
Bread sticks.
A dip, to go with both.

Lovemusic33 Sun 12-Nov-17 21:30:10

Aldi have some really nice stuff this year, I have bought posh nougat and chocolate honeycomb, they also have different flavoured nuts and chocolate coated macadamia nuts. I have also bought Florentines to go in there and some fancy biscuits. Chutney is always nice and I nice bottle of wine.

Lovemusic33 Sun 12-Nov-17 21:34:55

Just saw he's diabetic so forget my sweet list. Posh olives, dips, pesto ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now