Talk

Advanced search

DIY Christmas calendars

(7 Posts)
Fekko Sun 12-Nov-17 15:52:21

Ok so I got one from Tiger! You and put little gifts into easy day - which is pretty cute - and the slots are about the size of a matchbox.

What am I going to put in there! It's going to cost a fortune if I buy little things for each one and it can't be sweets every day.

Thinking caps on! Any ideas?

Ricekrispie22 Sun 12-Nov-17 15:58:26

Who is it for?

reluctantbrit Sun 12-Nov-17 16:56:22

I only do sweets and a small gift each Advent Sunday. I think filling it with little gifts costs more than buying a toy/beauty/whatever advent calendar.

My sweets are the size of a Lindt teddy or medium chocolate coin.

Fekko Sun 12-Nov-17 17:10:41

D'oh - it would help if I mentioned it was DS who is 13!

HandbagCrazy Sun 12-Nov-17 17:34:08

Can you put a few slips of paper in some of them that offer other treats / clues to a treat that is somewhere else?

Book / magazine?
Small trip somewhere?
Voucher?

Disclaimer - I have no experience of what 13 year old boy would like but when I did an advent calendar like this for DH, I put in random things like a voucher for a lift home from a night out / control of the tv for an evening / me cooking whatever he chose etc and they were appreciated more than actual gifts.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 12-Nov-17 18:02:10

Sachets of hot chocolate
Kellogg's Fruit winders
Divvy up these metal puzzles www.thetoyandgiftshop.co.uk/mensa-a-dozen-mensa-puzzles/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhNv32sy51wIVi24bCh1DugCaEAQYAyABEgLGg_D_BwE
Divvy up these aeroplane puzzles www.hawkin.com/aircraft-carrier-puzzle
Miniature shower gels, deodorants etc...

Fekko Sun 12-Nov-17 18:27:12

All great ideas! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now