Talk

Advanced search

DIY Christmas calendars

(7 Posts)
Fekko Sun 12-Nov-17 15:52:21

Ok so I got one from Tiger! You and put little gifts into easy day - which is pretty cute - and the slots are about the size of a matchbox.

What am I going to put in there! It's going to cost a fortune if I buy little things for each one and it can't be sweets every day.

Thinking caps on! Any ideas?

Ricekrispie22 Sun 12-Nov-17 15:58:26

Who is it for?

reluctantbrit Sun 12-Nov-17 16:56:22

I only do sweets and a small gift each Advent Sunday. I think filling it with little gifts costs more than buying a toy/beauty/whatever advent calendar.

My sweets are the size of a Lindt teddy or medium chocolate coin.

Fekko Sun 12-Nov-17 17:10:41

D'oh - it would help if I mentioned it was DS who is 13!

HandbagCrazy Sun 12-Nov-17 17:34:08

Can you put a few slips of paper in some of them that offer other treats / clues to a treat that is somewhere else?

Book / magazine?
Small trip somewhere?
Voucher?

Disclaimer - I have no experience of what 13 year old boy would like but when I did an advent calendar like this for DH, I put in random things like a voucher for a lift home from a night out / control of the tv for an evening / me cooking whatever he chose etc and they were appreciated more than actual gifts.

Ricekrispie22 Sun 12-Nov-17 18:02:10

Sachets of hot chocolate
Kellogg's Fruit winders
Divvy up these metal puzzles www.thetoyandgiftshop.co.uk/mensa-a-dozen-mensa-puzzles/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhNv32sy51wIVi24bCh1DugCaEAQYAyABEgLGg_D_BwE
Divvy up these aeroplane puzzles www.hawkin.com/aircraft-carrier-puzzle
Miniature shower gels, deodorants etc...

Fekko Sun 12-Nov-17 18:27:12

All great ideas! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: