Talk

Advanced search

Food or drink?

(8 Posts)
goose1964 Sun 12-Nov-17 15:10:04

Unless I get a short notice operation I have to decide whether to eat all the lovely Christmas food, which will cause me pain and take painkillers which I can't drink with, or I can be careful about what I eat and enjoy a few drinks.

Can't do both as my tablets can kill if taken with alcohol.

Don't know what to do?

mumonashoestring Sun 12-Nov-17 15:13:06

Poor you - which do you normally look forward to more, the food or the booze? For example I love a cocktail, but if I had to choose I'd want to be able to eat whatever I wanted and stick to mulled apple juice, sparkling elderflower, San Pellegrino and tea smile

BarbaraOcumbungles Sun 12-Nov-17 15:14:38

I love a drink but on Christmas Day the food wins hands down!

Imagine a Christmas without turkey stuffing sandwiches 😮

OSETmum Sun 12-Nov-17 15:18:48

Food, no question!

NoWordForFluffy Sun 12-Nov-17 15:27:35

Yeah, if I had to choose it would definitely be food!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 12-Nov-17 15:33:47

Food for sure (but I don't drink alcohol, don't listen to me fwink )

Is it any food in particular? I can't eat high fat without my dearly departed gallbladder twinging (I thought once it was gone I'd be ok but no I have a legacy of fat gripes)

Sort through what you can/cannot each then work out your menu. Yes its nice to say "Throw caution to the wind" but not if that slice of cake+wendsleydale leaves me reaching for the Mebeverine !

goose1964 Mon 13-Nov-17 12:44:07

70isa it is gall bladder so any amount of fat and for some strange reason sultanas but not raisins.

NotAPuffin Mon 13-Nov-17 13:08:17

Sultanas are oiled during the drying process while raisins aren't, so that makes sense.

Food always wins for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now