Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Alternative to a fitbit that will work with fifth generation (2017) ipad

(6 Posts)
Brokenbiscuit Sun 12-Nov-17 11:19:40

I really wanted to get a fitbit for my dad but I understand they won't synch with the new iPads and he doesn't have a mobile or anything else that he could use it with.

Can anyone suggest an alternative that I could get instead, that will definitely work with the 2017 ipad? Ideally, I want something that will count steps, track heart rate and monitor sleep.

I have looked at apple watches, but they're really expensive and I don't think he would use half of the functionality.

TIA!

CredulousThickos Sun 12-Nov-17 11:21:45

Mine syncs with my new iPad just fine!

Brokenbiscuit Sun 12-Nov-17 11:25:33

Is yours a 2017 fifth generation one, credulous or have you got the ipad pro?

I have the same ipad as my dad and tried it with my fitbit. I can see the data that has already synched with my phone but it won't actually synch with my ipad iyswim. The new ipads aren't on the list of supported devices for fitbit either. sad

Brokenbiscuit Sun 12-Nov-17 18:40:42

Anyone? Please?!

combatbarbie Sun 12-Nov-17 19:26:32

Apple Watch?

CredulousThickos Sun 12-Nov-17 19:32:12

Sorry, I’d accidentally hidden the thread. No, you’re right. It syncs with my iPhone, which then must share with the iPad app. I’ve just refreshed it in the iPad app and nothing happens.

What a swizz! Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now