Talk

Advanced search

"something to Do" stocking filler for teens

(16 Posts)
Scabbersley Sun 12-Nov-17 10:13:23

I always put something to eat, something to read and something to do in my dcs stockings. Any ideas for the 'doing' part? They are a bit old for lego!

glitterbiscuits Sun 12-Nov-17 10:25:18

I saw some mini games in a tin, things like charades or who am I?
Sudoku puzzle book?
Science Museum has lots of things to mess about with like kinetic sand or hydrophobic putty

Spam88 Sun 12-Nov-17 10:59:52

Microblocks or metal earth?

Floralnomad Sun 12-Nov-17 11:05:21

Nobody is too old for Lego . I had Lego fo Christmas last year and I’m over 50 !

LittleLights Sun 12-Nov-17 11:07:58

Mini Lego model and a maze or a metal puzzle thing that you have to untangle.

fudgefeet Sun 12-Nov-17 11:08:36

On not on the high st there are mini fimo kits to make donut, pizza and cupcake keyrings. I bought them last year for my children and they were a bit fidely so I did it for them. I had a great time.

magpiemischief Sun 12-Nov-17 11:16:05

A recipe kit. Large knitting needles / crochet hook wool and pattern for something simple like a scarf. Watercolour kit.

Tellmewhatyouknow Sun 12-Nov-17 11:23:55

Sainsbury's have a little quiz game in a box. Just a bit bigger than a pack of playing cards

Nanoblocks - take up less space than Lego and look cool on teens' bedroom windowsills!

Pack of cards or a card-based game of some sort

Plastic kazzos went down very well in this house last year

Leeds2 Sun 12-Nov-17 13:10:37

Sudoku book.
Adult colouring book and pencils.
Cake in a mug (recipe usually written on the mug side, so you just have to make sure you have the ingredients in stock!) for them to make.
Recipe book.
Jigsaw. The one which is just a picture of baked beans looks challenging, and might appeal to teens.

whimsical1975 Sun 12-Nov-17 14:17:54

I think brain bender puzzles are brilliant and fun stocking fillers. There are loads to choose from, different sizes and different difficulty levels...

Can't post the link but if you go onto amazon type in "brain bender puzzles" and have a look through them.

Scabbersley Sun 12-Nov-17 15:45:31

Brilliant thank you. Tempted by the 50 quid nanoblock London now!! Dd2 loves lego even as a cool 15 year old. The lego sets are either uninspiring or ££££££ or too easy! Cake in a mug and colouring books deffo going in x

The Lego Architecture sets are excellent.

InfiniteSheldon Sun 12-Nov-17 15:48:31

Hobby craft have a little kit to make a felt penguinglitterballbearbear

ohjonsnow Tue 14-Nov-17 20:16:36

dobble!

Stickerrocks Tue 14-Nov-17 20:32:50

I'm a Nanoblock addict, but don't get the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It's the most infuriating building. The London landmarks are great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now