Talk

Advanced search

Christmas cheesecake recipe....

(6 Posts)
handsfree Sat 11-Nov-17 22:44:32

I want to make a cheesecake as a second dessert for Christmas.
Can anyone recommend a festive but light recipe that is going to appea to young children as well?

4forksake Sat 11-Nov-17 22:51:28

What about a plain New York cheesecake but with separate toppings. So you could have caramel/chocolate sauce or fruits for the kids (or whatever they like), kirsch cherries, or if you look for recipes for Christmas pudding vodka, make a small amount of this then use the vodka infused leftover fruits as a cheesecake topping (& drink the vodka - it's delicious)

Ricekrispie22 Sun 12-Nov-17 07:57:12

I've made the no-bake chocolate hazelnut cheesecake from BBC Good Food so many times because it's easy and very tasty. For special occasions I decorate with Ferrero Rocher just like in the picture. However it's getting a bit predictable so this year I'd like to try this www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/millionaires-ice-cream-bombe or this www.taste.com.au/recipes/rocky-road-pudding/dfccdf84-c708-4491-914e-a6e12f6eb4cb

lanbro Sun 12-Nov-17 08:02:39

I make 5 or 6 cheesecakes a week...one of my most popular is mint aero.

450ml double cream
400g full fat cream cheese
80g sugar
1 months aero blitzed up

200g bourbon biscuits
60g butter

Melt butter and stir into crushed bourbon. Let set in fridge
Whip cream with sugar.
Beat cheese and stir in aero
Mix cream and cheese together and smooth onto base.

Lasts up to a week in the fridge

goose1964 Sun 12-Nov-17 08:11:56

Nigella's maple syrup cheesecake went down well in our house

mmgirish Sun 12-Nov-17 15:01:58

Ianbro - I don't suppose you have ever made a raspberry ripple (raspberry and coconut) cheesecake have you??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: