Talk

Advanced search

Tips for a Merry Lidl Christmas.....

(12 Posts)
maddiemookins16mum Sat 11-Nov-17 16:27:54

..We have a Lidl just opened in our town. It's not a shop I've ever used (we have a massive Asda within minutes and a fab butcher at the end of the street).
I'm thinking of popping in to see what delights they might have....any suggestions? We do indulge at Christmas and love Christmas cakey things too.
(we have a fresh goose on order for dinner courtesy of DMIL).

eyebrowsonfleek Sat 11-Nov-17 16:46:58

They announce their weekly specials on the website. Over the year they’ll have all sorts like wooden toys,baby supplies, gardening tools, ski clothes....

XmasFairy86 Sat 11-Nov-17 16:56:34

Fudge
Stollen
Gingerbread ice cream
Mince pie ice cream
Rhubarb and ginger gin

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sat 11-Nov-17 17:12:14

Their chocolates, sweets, etc are great. You have to think Germanic Christmas food. There is also the aisle of wonder of things you never knew you needed but they change each week so you have to pounce when you see them <strokes Lidl fleece>.

ReallyBigTable Sat 11-Nov-17 17:16:43

Stollen. All the stollen. The spiced biscuit spread they had last year was amazing.
We're always happy with the many different cheeses we get and the chicken liver pâté.

Gammeldragz Sat 11-Nov-17 17:18:34

Mini stollen. Baklava. Spiced biscuits. All the cheese...

Gammeldragz Sat 11-Nov-17 17:19:10

Oh the spiced biscuit spread! Yes, that was amazing (on spiced biscuits or stollen).

maddiemookins16mum Sat 11-Nov-17 17:19:37

Oh my dear God. Gingerbread icecream and Mince Pie icecream, you have made me a very happy woman.

ReallyBigTable Sat 11-Nov-17 17:19:56

On a spoon for me blush grin

maddiemookins16mum Sat 11-Nov-17 17:21:03

We used to have a fab shop in Bromley that did a different stock each week, called Tchibo. It was fab.

Snausage Sat 11-Nov-17 17:24:48

Gah. Mini stollen from Lidl makes Christmas for me! And their boxes of panettone. And the spiced biskits. The Lidl Christmas stuff makes me so fat happy

Dobbyandme Sat 11-Nov-17 17:29:27

Lebkuchen. But hide them and don't open any early or you will eat them all. May be able to manage a 500g bag in one sitting, alone... blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now