Talk

Advanced search

Non-toy stocking fillers

(20 Posts)
KatieKookaburra26 Sat 11-Nov-17 11:24:58

I got a book this year that gave me some Christmas ideas and one was to buy presents that you know they will use instead of wasting money. This is what we always do with stocking fillers so this you we were wondering what what could put in the shocking that isn’t a toy. This is for a 4yo girl, 3yo boy, 18month old boy and 5 month old boy. Thank you.

Sierra259 Sat 11-Nov-17 11:30:24

I found some My Little Pony hand soap in Poundland and some of those craft punches that punch out a shape in Hobbycraft (DD loves crafty things). Have seen a suggestion previously on here for "treat" cereal like coco pops that they wouldn't normally get on a regular basis.

I would probably wrap up a few of the older kid's old baby toys/books for the 5mo, or some weaning spoons/bowls etc

lovelyjubilly Sat 11-Nov-17 12:16:48

Slippers
Toothbrush
Colouring pencils
Hairbands
Underwear
Plate/bowl/cup/cutlery set

Invisimamma Sat 11-Nov-17 12:23:36

A book
DVD
Funky socks/pants
Toothbrush
Bubble bath / bath bomb
Chocolate
Comb or hair brush
Pens / pencils
Small lego or duplo
Stickers

shouldwestayorshouldwego Sat 11-Nov-17 13:00:05

Blue tac
Pens
Notebooks
Hats
Gloves

KatieKookaburra26 Sat 11-Nov-17 13:53:51

Thank you going shopping today so will have a look out.

burntoutmum Sat 11-Nov-17 14:13:31

I did themed stockings last year, made it easier! DS1 (14) I did got chocolate- so a mug, stencils , choc shaker, nice hot choc, liquid flavouring and marshmallow.

Ds2 (8) had Pokemon themed, so a small ted ( v cheap on amazon - from China), small toys, book, card game and a tshirt

Think I’ll be doing something similar this year just haven’t chosen the themes....

Isadora2007 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:21:00

Foam soap, bath crayons (not if you’ve got tiles as they stain the grout) crayons, hairbrush, toothbrush, facecloths, rubber duck, story cd, glow sticks, new hat/gloves.

eyebrowsonfleek Sat 11-Nov-17 14:27:33

Ds is 11 but loves getting a torch every year.
When he was younger I’d get finger lights instead.

SarahH12 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:37:18

Following. Have just started a similar thread as i didn't see this one .

Jenijena Sat 11-Nov-17 14:41:44

I always got a toothbrush in mine growing up (and not a novelty one either).

KatieKookaburra26 Sat 11-Nov-17 15:34:12

Thank you again. When I was little stockings were always things we needed, went to see df, dsm and dsis last year and she got a mini iPad in hers!.

I like the themed ideas. That would help me narrow it all down too. I also like the idea of wrapping old presents up for ds3.

Leeds2 Sat 11-Nov-17 15:36:45

Last year, I saw Gruffalo bubble bath and shampoo which I thought were nice. I'm sure there are other characters available!
A purse for the 4 year old. Hair bobbles. An umbrella to squash down the side!
Socks.
Bib for the baby.
Character cups.
Bubbles.

Cagliostro Sat 11-Nov-17 15:46:52

When my two were little they always got an expanding flannel with a favourite character on. Always exciting putting them in water for the first time

hashtagelfie Sat 11-Nov-17 15:54:45

Socks, pants/knickers with favourite characters on, character bubble bath or soap, bath crayons, bath bombs, stationary, watch, torches/nightlights, dummies for babies, etc

Our stockings are mainly a mix of stuff from Lush and smiggle with a load of blind bags and sweets thrown in

GruffaloPants Sat 11-Nov-17 15:58:44

Cd - Trolls soundtrack, Disney compilation etc.

thismeansnothing Sat 11-Nov-17 16:08:45

None toy stocking fillers in this house (dd will be 5 1/2 this time)

Chocolate coins
A dr Seuss book
Knickers from next
Socks
Singing soap (found a trolls one in home bargains this week)
Stationery - pencils, felts, rubbers
Notepad (she loves doodling and drawing and writing
Stickers

ohtheholidays Sat 11-Nov-17 17:15:37

5DC here.
They all get
An electric toothbrush
Chocolate coins
A satsuma(there's complaints if I dare to forget that)
Something nice for the bath/shower.
A pair of slipper socks
Then they get between 5 and 7 other bits that are specific to what they like.
Oldest DS21 it will probably be a book,some decent leather gloves,some kind of mini game(electrical or vintage)a smelly(aftershave or body spray)a bottle of unusual ale and still looking for what else to get him,it will have to have something to do with the arts because he's an amazing artist(even though he says he's not)

DS19 it will be a decent pair of gloves and some boot warmers(because he works really hard and always comes home freezing cold),a multi tool(that looks nothing like a tool)an unusual gourmet snack/sweet and a gourmet ale,something special for his hair(he has gorgeous hair).

DS16 is really into grooming now so his will most probably contain lots of things to do with that and an unusual sweet/snack and an unusual game(electronic)and an unusual drink and still looking for more for him because he's very unique for his age and has some really great interests.

DD14 loves stationary and is gorgeous so her's will have some unusual stationary,a nice piece of jewellry,a bottle of perfume,some new nose piercings,an unusual piece or two of make-up and something to do with animals and charity because they're two of her biggest loves and she has a big heart and likes to help out others.

DD10 is asd like her big brother DS16,she also have really unique interests for her age so something really unusual to eat and drink(we got her Astronaut Ice cream last year and she loved it)she will want something she can fiddle with,something to do with space,something to do with animals,something she can makes herself that involves a bit of science.
DD10 is the one it takes me longest to buy for.

Gammeldragz Sat 11-Nov-17 17:21:23

I've gone for edible stuff and stationery with a few toy bits this year. Otherwise it's like party bag tat, ends up lying around unused for ages.

Annwithnoe Sat 11-Nov-17 21:14:57

Masking tape, blu tac and batteries have been positively received by mine . The first two were on their Christmas lists before anyone calls me a Scrooge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now