Talk

Advanced search

Coding toys for age 8ish that don't need apps

(5 Posts)
PegLegAntoine Fri 10-Nov-17 20:19:17

We don't have any suitable devices so things like osmo and various robots I've seen on Amazon are out.

I do quite like the look of that mouse thing that I've seen mentioned a lot. But not sure if it's too babyish really. The DCs are quite young for their age (8/10, ASD possible LDs too) but it may be pushing it a bit. But from what I've found so far there doesn't seem to be much between things like that and complicated stuff like microbits, raspberry pi etc which I don't think they're ready for (complete beginners)

Any thoughts appreciated! smile

mmgirish Sat 11-Nov-17 06:56:03

Do you have a computer they could use? If so, makey makeys are cool.

Ricekrispie22 Sat 11-Nov-17 11:47:41

I saw this article and from reading it, Kano and the robot turtle board game appear to be the best for you. www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/christmasgifts/gifts-for-kids/best-coding-toys-for-kids-games-2017-apps-software-laptop-robot-for-beginners-a8029061.html

mammmamia Sat 11-Nov-17 11:56:53

Following!

barney11 Sat 11-Nov-17 14:58:37

I was going to suggest the Robot Turtle board game too. Not played it yet but my 7 year old is getting it for Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now