Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for DH

(6 Posts)
TooLazyForDrama Fri 10-Nov-17 11:01:32

Usually I can think of something after a while but this year I’m completely stumped.

He likes:
Photography
Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan
Vintage
Fountain pens, ink, and paper

Budget is about £50ish.

Previous years I’ve bought him:
Engraved pocket watch
Marvel unlimited subscription
Typewriter the same style as Leonard Cohen used to write with
Various nice pens and ink
He has all the cheaply photography stuff including basic backgrounds and lighting.

Any ideas?

Austentatious Fri 10-Nov-17 11:05:03

a giclee print of a photograph of Dylan taken by the lovely Eliot Landy. elliotlandy.com (or eliotlandy.com?)

Ricekrispie22 Fri 10-Nov-17 17:44:50

A subscription to a photography magazine.
A photography workshop
www.notonthehighstreet.com/magpieaccessories/product/retro-leather-buckled-camera-strap

ADuckNamedSplash Fri 10-Nov-17 20:45:20

Combining the vintage and stationery themes - a wax seal set?

Individual initials in the link below, but this company does all sorts of different stamps:
www.calligraphy.co.uk/shop/wax-seal/sealing-sets/initial-seal-set/initial-wax-seal-set-a-z.html

DAB radio?
Portable record player?
Taschen photograph books - I've only seen the Berlin ones, which are superb, but I'm sure there are lots.
There's a book called '1001 Photographs to see Before you Die' which looks great and which I might buy for dp.

jo10000 Fri 10-Nov-17 21:36:23

I've just bought a record clock with my choice of photo on, I chose a 60s singer DH likes, from amazon, about £18 inc postage.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: