Talk

Advanced search

Women's Aid Christmas boxes

(5 Posts)
jocktamsonsbairn Thu 09-Nov-17 22:33:00

I always make up 3 boxes (minimum, more if I can) for WA each Christmas, one for Mum and one for a boy and a girl the ages of my dc. Can’t find info online this year to check they are still doing it - does anyone e know? If not I’ll do it through the foodbank.
Also, does anyone e know what age they ‘accept’ boys up to? That might sound daft but DS is nearly 16 and it’s making me wonder if they would take a family with an adult male or not, no point in making up a box for a sex and age range that’s not relevant as I’m not sure if taking in an adult male is what would happen. Not being very clear, sorry and really don’t mean any offence to anyone, just curious.

FrancesHaHa Thu 09-Nov-17 22:36:11

I usually do it too, but haven't seen anything this year either - usually something pops up on facebook.

Refuges usually only take boys up to about 13/14

jocktamsonsbairn Thu 09-Nov-17 22:50:40

Thanks, that’s what I thought. Sad as my DS is still a ‘boy’ to me but I totally understand why they would t want make adults!
I’ve been looking out for the info this year too and it’s not there!

SecretLimonadeDrinker Thu 09-Nov-17 23:44:36

I normally do this too (project shoebox) but not seen anything anywhere.

GinYummy Fri 10-Nov-17 09:21:32

In my town the firestation are running it for the womens aid this year.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: