Talk

Advanced search

Stocking presents for teenagers

(29 Posts)
pilates Thu 09-Nov-17 19:46:51

A girl 16 and boy 13
Any ideas please?

fluffydogs Thu 09-Nov-17 19:58:44

DD is 14,she’s got, VS bra, face wash, liz Earle moisturiser, facial exfoliating brush, hair bobbles, Lindt giant ball, jar of Nutella!!

fluffydogs Thu 09-Nov-17 19:59:11

Oh and a mascara

Bella8 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:04:20

Hope this helps:

For the girl you could get mini nail varnishes, lip glosses, little scented smellies like mini bath bombs/heartshaped soaps, mini perfumes, a coin purse-maybe stick some choc money in for some fun- (nobody is ever too old for choc money), any books, obviously sweets & chocolates, earrings/jewellery (Claire's accessories have constant deals on), iTunes gift card, mobile
Phone case.

For the boy (sorry i'm abit useless with boys seeing as how mine is only 8 months old! but here goes:

Maybe a keyring of something he likes eg: marvel or a favourite team/sport: look online Amazon have great selection), novelty socks, gadgets like light up pen/That kind of thing, a wallet, iTunes giftcard little male grooming kit(they're never too young to start), headphones, mobile phone case, any books/card games/puzzles, sweets& chocs.

Justgivemesomepeace Thu 09-Nov-17 20:07:16

I've just got my dd(15) a toothbrush with whitening stuff in It, st moritz false tan stuff, a tanning mitt, lindt ball, face primer. All that stuffs a mystery to me but I know she'll like it and the man in the shop was very helpful!

Bella8 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:09:45

Oh mini USB chargers always good as well
you can get them in different colours and makeup obviously.

Justbookedasummmerholiday Thu 09-Nov-17 20:12:35

Ds 16 +ds 13 get face pack!! Spot cream! Face wash! Posh deo set! Xmas socks! Sweets! Lip balm (always requested!) Pens! Tube of sweets! Chocolate coins!

Robinkitty Thu 09-Nov-17 20:16:12

My ds's have a gift set of the hottest sauces from around the word from b and m bargains, jelly bean roulette, emoji socks and I'll put in hair gel etc

Chocolatecake12 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:18:25

So far I have for my teen ds
Torch
Cycling gloves
Hair clay/gel
Allen keys
New phone case
Pop socket for phone
Jelly belly bean tube
Hot chocolate
Jar of novelty choc spread
Spork
Travel mug
Charging cable
Pen

SpecialAgentDaleCooper Thu 09-Nov-17 20:23:27

Pants and socks
Novelty Post-it notes
Fine-point pens (can't remember what they're called but Staedler type ones) or Sharpies
Marshmallow Fluff
T-shirt
Fairy lights
Jelly Beans
Playing cards
Lanyard for school ID card/keys/phone etc

pilates Thu 09-Nov-17 20:24:02

Thanks all some good ideas 👍

SwedishEdith Thu 09-Nov-17 20:27:10

A variety pack of cereal - all 8. Copied it off here one year and it's their favourite thing now. grin

goose1964 Thu 09-Nov-17 20:52:34

Mine are older now but we used to put in a book or small game, something to eat and something to drink plus whatever we could pick up cheaply.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Thu 09-Nov-17 20:57:44

I am getting DS17 for his stocking:

Spare phone cable
Mug with his name and new cadet rank and regimental badge
Twisters
Paracord
Socks
Pants
Pens

PerfumeIsAMessage Thu 09-Nov-17 21:01:59

Someone posted a fabulous and massive list- I saved it as a doc, I'll.try and find it in the morning.
Also shamelessly placemarking!

PerfumeIsAMessage Thu 09-Nov-17 21:05:42

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/Christmas/3049973-Did-anyone-bookmark-the-stocking-fillers-for-teenagers-massive-list

pilates Fri 10-Nov-17 08:54:48

wow that list is brilliant! Thank you smile

stringbean Fri 10-Nov-17 16:56:13

Mine are the other way round ie ds 16 and dd 13. So far I've got:

Ds
Socks
Face wash
Spot gel
Hair paste
Star Wars Dobble game
Tube sweets
Lindor choc balls
Desk calendar
Novelty drawing pins for his pinboard
Lip balm
Earphones
Posh nail clippers (he's always nicking dh's)

Dd:
Lindor choc balls
Tube of sweets
Pants
Spot gel
Desk calendar
Boggle game
Umbrella
Novelty drawing pins
Clinique mini Christmas box with mascara & eye make up remover
Hair bands which double as wristbands
Jack Wills lip balm
Face mask
Eye mask
Small scrapbook

Need a few more bits for ds to balance it out; boys are a lot harder to buy for!

Macarena1990 Fri 10-Nov-17 17:04:39

Costa voucher or similar!

GherkinSnatch Fri 10-Nov-17 17:22:03

For the girl something like reusable face wipes if she's into makeup? www.etsy.com/uk/listing/560872221/rainbow-cotton-face-scrubbies-6-pack?ref=shop_home_active_5

I got some recently and love them, so I'm getting them as wee stocking type presents for my SILs.

pilates Fri 10-Nov-17 17:58:17

yes, agree boys are harder to buy for. I have managed to nab ideas from everyone’s list, thank you. The chocolate spoons look good 🙂. Does anyone else make sure they have exactly the same number of presents in their stockings, DH thinks I’m mad 😂

Leeds2 Fri 10-Nov-17 18:37:25

Gherkin, does the make up come off easily when you wash them?

GherkinSnatch Fri 10-Nov-17 18:41:16

It does Leeds smile I use them with Lush Ultrabland, which is very greasy, and I wash them with my towels and they come out fine. I've found that one can get off a full face, because you can run them under hot water/give them a scrub to get the worst off before going again.

inmyheadimthequeen Fri 10-Nov-17 18:42:31

Thanks all, some great ideas here.

LaughingLlama Fri 10-Nov-17 18:45:50

Ear phones
Costa gift card/cinema gift card
Better than usual shower gel/shampoo etc
Undies
Gloves
Scarf
Hat
Lip balm
Sweets
Choc
Mug with hot choc etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now