Talk

Advanced search

Christmas dining sets

(6 Posts)
Wellhellothere1 Thu 09-Nov-17 11:02:56

I'm hosting this year for 9 of us and I'm looking for nice Christmas dining sets that don't cost a fortune (as I'll only use it once a year!) Has anyone got any recommendations? Our dining room when it's finished will be grey so I think I would like metallic silver or gold plates rather than reds. I'm not getting on well looking online so thought I would ask for help 🌲
Thanks!

bluesky Thu 09-Nov-17 15:43:23

Have you looked at Matalan?

This set has a sparkle which would like lovely with the grey

www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2662664_c000/sparkle-dinner-plate-27cm-white

Justmuddlingalong Thu 09-Nov-17 15:45:29

I was in TK Maxx yesterday. They had lots of Christmas crockery.

CiderwithBuda Thu 09-Nov-17 15:48:36

What colour is your day to day service?

I would maybe think about plain white crockery and then accessories to dress the table. Rather than buying an entire set you will only use once a year.

I have a red table cloth and a gold table runner which I use some years. Or a white table cloth and a white and gold runner.

To go with grey white and silver would be nice with some red. Maybe red crackers or candles.

CiderwithBuda Thu 09-Nov-17 15:50:24

Home Sense and TK Maxx have some nice Xmas serving bowls etc. Spode Xmas pattern which I'm not overly keen on or some red and white.

Matalan and Wilkos or supermarkets often have nice things too.

Wellhellothere1 Fri 10-Nov-17 07:33:48

Thanks everyone. I like those plates Bluesky. Hadn't thought of Matalan. I'm thinking you might be right Cider as it's probably going to cost a fortune to get lots of new crockery and table decorations etc. My usual dining set is a bit mis matched so maybe I should just use this opportunity to update it and just buy new runners etc for the Christmas table instead. Thanks for replying everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now