Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gift ideas for SIL

(12 Posts)
RaeCJ82 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:54:15

As the title says, please help with ideas for SiL’s Christmas present. She’s due to have a baby any time now and will probably be breastfeeding. She likes brands like Joules etc but I’m wanting to keep the cost to <£25 ideally. 😊

Rainbowqueeen Thu 09-Nov-17 11:06:44

Box set of something to her taste so she can binge watch while feeding?

Lovely hand cream?

Non spill water bottle so she San keep a drink close. Ditto tea flask

2014newme Thu 09-Nov-17 11:09:40

Gift vouchers for joules

RaeCJ82 Thu 09-Nov-17 12:59:36

Hand cream is a good idea, Rainbow! I forever have dry hands from all the hand washing after nappy changes etc.
I might put a little box together with hand cream, hot chocolate and a gift voucher.

bluesky Thu 09-Nov-17 15:28:18

How about some Joules toiletries, they are gorgeous

www.joules.com/Home-and-Garden/Bath-Body-Collection?mmid=Home-_-Homeware-_-Toiletries

And also these snuggly socks if she's sitting on sofa doing lots of feeding the baby

www.joules.com/Women/Socks-Tights/Festive-Fluffy/Socks/Reindeer?id=Y_FESTIVEFLUFFYL|REINDER

RaeCJ82 Thu 09-Nov-17 16:06:51

Oooh those are good ideas Bluesky, thanks!

2014newme Thu 09-Nov-17 17:28:10

The joules hand cream is ineffective although smells nice

LaBelleSausage Thu 09-Nov-17 17:31:40

I’m due a baby soon and will be breastfeeding.
I’d love kindle vouchers/amazon vouchers as a gift.

Apparently it’s not good to use strongly scented products for the first few months as the baby needs to know your scent, clothes are a sensitive subject as I’ve gained 4 stone and by the same logic I wouldn’t really want hot chocolate etc

LaBelleSausage Thu 09-Nov-17 17:32:16

That said, I was in joules today and they had some lovely fluffy socks

RaeCJ82 Thu 09-Nov-17 17:45:25

Thanks LaBelle. I had a baby 6 months ago and still like a nice hot chocolate now and then.

haba Thu 09-Nov-17 17:53:17

Joules also do nice mugs, for tea.

singadream Thu 09-Nov-17 19:30:30

I have loved posh bubble bath after all my babies but I do love long hot baths. I liked the Neal’s Yard ones people bought me as gifts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now