Talk

Advanced search

Present ideas for 6 year old girl

(19 Posts)
MaverickSnoopy Wed 08-Nov-17 07:39:22

She's just turned 6. Struggling a bit. She isn't one of those children who has an awareness of what's popular or what others have (yet). I have no clue what's around. I've looked but so far nothing. I've got a few smaller things (Mermaid blanket, nice dress, a couple of Dvds etc) but no "big" present. Looking to spend up to £50. I'd be grateful for some ideas.

dantdmistedious Wed 08-Nov-17 07:52:37

My six year olds have asked for a tiny treasure doll and a yo-yo panda.

lovelyjubilly Wed 08-Nov-17 07:55:37

Not sure how you feel about tablets but last year we bought our 6yo a Kindle fire kids edition which she still loves a year on.
Also, does she like Lego? Mine still loves her Lego friends set that she got for her 6th birthday.

Haudyerwheesht Wed 08-Nov-17 07:58:12

Just place marking so I can reply once kids at school!

Haudyerwheesht Wed 08-Nov-17 09:09:58

Cry baby doll
Baby born
LOL doll
(She likes dolls!!!!)
Smiggle stuff
Fingerling monkey
Craft kit I've made up
Kidizoom dx watch

Juanbablo Wed 08-Nov-17 09:33:35

Dd is 7 and has asked for an Our Generation doll or a LOL Big Surprise.

snowmanshoes Wed 08-Nov-17 09:41:08

Mine has asked for a tiny treasures doll

PorklessPie Wed 08-Nov-17 09:56:36

My dd is 7, she wants the lol big surprise (should be delivered today from Amazon Italy). Also anything and everything from smiggle.

Commuterface Wed 08-Nov-17 10:08:52

I've bought my 6 year old DD a Kidi Superstar, a fingerling and a light up Ozbozz scooter.

CoffeeChocolateWine Wed 08-Nov-17 11:36:38

My DD is 5. She really wants the Nom Nums nail polish maker but the reviews I've seen are terrible. They also do a lip balm maker which has much better reviews (and cheaper) so I may get her that instead. Other things I'm considering are:
A Zoomer Meozie
Paw Patrol cuddly toy
Karaoke machine or karaoke microphone
Magnetix construction set
Enchantimals
Fingerling
Fimo modelling set.

So far she hasn't shown much interest in the LOL dolls!

CoffeeChocolateWine Wed 08-Nov-17 11:38:09

And Shrinkles!

LucilleBluth Wed 08-Nov-17 11:46:35

I'm going for the Kindle Fire kids.......and the wretched LOL surprise doll, plus a few stocking fillers.

I've got her, guess who, doll clothes and craft stuff. Will add in a few books, chocolate etc.

Commuterface Wed 08-Nov-17 11:58:18

Oh God CoffeeChocolateWine I forgot I've also bought my DD the Num Noms Lip Gloss maker; the only thing she has absolutely begged me for. I was disgusted with myself for lack of restraint but I did get it in the Argos 3for2 grin

longestlurkerever Wed 08-Nov-17 13:45:00

My dd1 is 6. She and her classmates are very into unicorns and and there's loads of unicorn stuff about. I have bought her a lampshade, a wall decal and some starlight curtains as she thinks she's grown out of her pink things (which will be handed down to dd2). She also loves pokemon and Enid Blyton - especially the audio CDs. Not so sure all her classmates are into those though - she tends to go pokemon hunting with next door's slightly older son. She adores that Smiggle shop but it is so expensive! Do they have a January sale? Relatives sometimes give her some Christmas money.

longestlurkerever Wed 08-Nov-17 13:47:29

Last year's sylvanian families still get a lot of play. I bought a bundle on ebay

MaverickSnoopy Wed 08-Nov-17 21:02:07

Thank you so much! I haven't even heard of half of this stuff! I'm going to have a major Google now and find out what everything is!

MaverickSnoopy Wed 08-Nov-17 21:13:43

Has anyone seen inside the LOL Big Surprise? Has very mixed reviews with some saying you don't get much. I was thinking about a kindle but not sure. I just feel like she's a bit young and doesn't give much to move onto. Possibly just me that thinks that though!

wendz86 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:19:45

I'm getting my 6 year old daughter a kindle fire and one of the normal size lol dolls . Suggestions for other people are bop it game , books , craft stuff , surprise egg maker , swimming bag .

Gran22 Thu 09-Nov-17 08:23:33

Unicorns are definitely 'in'. Just bought 6 year old DGD a unicorn onesie from M&S. Lucky to get one in her size, they're going fast.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: