Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else working Christmas day?

(15 Posts)
hmmmmm Tue 07-Nov-17 22:34:41

Just looked at Christmas rota and I'm working Christmas day. 12 hour shift.

I just hope I get new years day off but that rota isn't done yet.

I don't mind that much tbh. I feel sorry for those with young dcs though who are working.

Only1scoop Tue 07-Nov-17 22:37:05

I find out this week but I'm 99 percent sure I am.

Haven't worked a Christmas Day in 6 years though so I can't complain.

curlycat Tue 07-Nov-17 22:38:54

Not me but DH is 7-7. Older kids but still rubbish missing out on day with extended family

hmmmmm Tue 07-Nov-17 22:40:01

I get a big dinner at work so not sure if we should have ours at home on boxing day?

ClosedAuraOpenMind Wed 08-Nov-17 20:38:43

not working christmas day, but working till 11pm on christmas eve....so know idea when the wrapping will get doneconfused

MagentaRocks Wed 08-Nov-17 20:40:12

I am working Christmas Day. I am a day shift and dh is a late shift so won’t see him at all really.

ReinettePompadour Wed 08-Nov-17 20:45:11

DH is working from midday untill 11pm and I've been offered a job that if I take it I will be working 6am until 2pm.

I'm not fussed really. Given the 'Christmas season' starts around October theres plenty of dates to choose from to have a Christmas day together. grin

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Wed 08-Nov-17 20:49:46

I'm working 8-6 Christmas Day & Boxing Day.
Off New Year's Eve & day though

holdbackonthewine Thu 09-Nov-17 18:46:22

DD is working this year on Christmas Day (13 hour shift) but doesn’t know which shift she’s on yet. She didn’t work last Christmas and they tend to alternate (paediatric nurse). She will be working NYE though as you can’t have both off which seems fair.

FairfaxAikman Thu 09-Nov-17 18:59:05

I’m working Christmas Day and Boxing Day, as I have for the last few years.

I volunteer to do so and save my four days of Christmas/New Year leave and add it to a day in lieu for an “extra” weeks holiday over new year.

hmmmmm Fri 10-Nov-17 11:34:22

I think I'm off ny day? The rota isn't out yet. A colleague is working both Christmas and nye which seems unfair. Everyone else is working one or the other.

Anyone else in healthcare?

Appuskidu Fri 10-Nov-17 11:38:20

Not me but DH is 7-7. Older kids but still rubbish missing out on day with extended family

Do you need to miss out? Can’t you go anyway?

CannotEvenThink Fri 10-Nov-17 11:39:26

I'm doing the late. I'm pretty chuffed with my Christmas off duty tbh, I get to do stockings with the children and head to work around lunch time. We will just do Christmas dinner on boxing day.

Yes but I'm a vicar so it goes with the job. Our Christmas is just delayed a bit until after I've done the services. Then we crack open the booze.

Snausage Fri 10-Nov-17 13:18:11

Not me, but DP is working nights December 23-27 inclusive. DS and I will be going to mum's on Christmas Eve until the 28th!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now