Talk

Advanced search

Paper Crafters

(8 Posts)
bootygirl Tue 07-Nov-17 21:03:29

Posting for traffic.
I am looking at the Sissix Big shot online. Live in Ireland so ordering from hobbycraft as it's best price and delivery charges.
It would be Xmas gift from DH.

I am just wondering as dies are expensive are they worth it... I do some scrap booking (smashbooks) and creative journaling. I want to get into making cards but tbh we only send about 30+cards a year. So any advise??
Also any suggestions on good paper craft magazines...thanks

thelonggame Tue 07-Nov-17 21:19:00

can't offer advice on the Big Shot, but I do know that it gets fantastic reviews.
I have an Ebosser which I love, I have weakness in my shoulder so the fact it's automatic makes life so easy.
Have a look on Ebay for metal Dies from China, you'll wait a few weeks for delivery but really good value.

reindeesandchristmastrees Tue 07-Nov-17 21:35:45

I have a big shot - dies are expensive (although second hand available). I'd recommend spending a little more and getting a silhouette cameo as you don't have to buy separate dies, this is what I ended up doing

bootygirl Fri 10-Nov-17 07:39:45

rein thanks for reply. Is there a subscription service with the cameo?

Or do you just down load the free ones?

xalyssx Fri 10-Nov-17 08:32:30

I have a sissix big shot and I get most of my dies from the works as they are quite cheap.

bootygirl Fri 10-Nov-17 16:53:08

xalyssx do you like the big shot?

xalyssx Fri 10-Nov-17 20:44:31

I love it, I picked it up on a whim and in the last 2 weeks I have made over 100 Christmas cards for charity.

bootygirl Fri 10-Nov-17 23:28:39

Oh wow xalyssx. Sounds great I d love to see them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: