Talk

Advanced search

Paper Crafters

(8 Posts)
bootygirl Tue 07-Nov-17 21:03:29

Posting for traffic.
I am looking at the Sissix Big shot online. Live in Ireland so ordering from hobbycraft as it's best price and delivery charges.
It would be Xmas gift from DH.

I am just wondering as dies are expensive are they worth it... I do some scrap booking (smashbooks) and creative journaling. I want to get into making cards but tbh we only send about 30+cards a year. So any advise??
Also any suggestions on good paper craft magazines...thanks

thelonggame Tue 07-Nov-17 21:19:00

can't offer advice on the Big Shot, but I do know that it gets fantastic reviews.
I have an Ebosser which I love, I have weakness in my shoulder so the fact it's automatic makes life so easy.
Have a look on Ebay for metal Dies from China, you'll wait a few weeks for delivery but really good value.

reindeesandchristmastrees Tue 07-Nov-17 21:35:45

I have a big shot - dies are expensive (although second hand available). I'd recommend spending a little more and getting a silhouette cameo as you don't have to buy separate dies, this is what I ended up doing

bootygirl Fri 10-Nov-17 07:39:45

rein thanks for reply. Is there a subscription service with the cameo?

Or do you just down load the free ones?

xalyssx Fri 10-Nov-17 08:32:30

I have a sissix big shot and I get most of my dies from the works as they are quite cheap.

bootygirl Fri 10-Nov-17 16:53:08

xalyssx do you like the big shot?

xalyssx Fri 10-Nov-17 20:44:31

I love it, I picked it up on a whim and in the last 2 weeks I have made over 100 Christmas cards for charity.

bootygirl Fri 10-Nov-17 23:28:39

Oh wow xalyssx. Sounds great I d love to see them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now