Talk

Advanced search

Dressing gown and work bag for DH's Christmas

(17 Posts)
AnonEvent Tue 07-Nov-17 14:33:41

Hi there,

Not sure if this really belongs in S&B...

DH has finally succumbed to the glory that is the dressing gown (he is jealous of my one and DD's). So I'm looking for a squishy, fleecy men's dressing gown. Probably in navy/bottle green/burgundy. Have you seen similar. It's not a main present, so I'd like to spend up to £45. If you or your DH have similar, I'd love to know about it.

Also - he'd like a leather work bag, he has a messenger style one but it's looking tatty. It should be black, if money were no object I'd get him this Mulberry one: www.mulberry.com/gb/shop/men/mens-bags/mens-briefcases/chiltern-briefcase-black-natural-grain-leather, I guess I'd like to spend £70-100 on it, but could be tempted to increase that to £125ish.

Thanks in advance! In *good news* at least I've finally got some present suggestions from him!

AnonEvent Tue 07-Nov-17 14:37:19

I'm really not going to get a good quality leather bag for £100 am I? I've done some light online research, and they start getting good at about £225... boo.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Tue 07-Nov-17 14:38:33

Try TK Maxx for a dressing gown - i just bought DH one for hospital and it's navy, soft and fluffy, and he loves it. It was £19.99.

Cakescakescakes Tue 07-Nov-17 14:41:08

Fossil have excellent leather bags - DH got a lovely one there last year but I’m sure it was around £150. Has worn in really nicely though.

Cakescakescakes Tue 07-Nov-17 14:42:33

www.fossil.com/uk/en/men/bags/view-all.html?cid=pds:conv:google:58382680:1903367920:gender:fossil%20men%27s%20bags&gclid=CjwKCAiA0IXQBRA2EiwAMODil20uS5JerLX0Fs46Cp39f9uNJ1zcCsIXqx7QIU6H4xhR5ektoWPhtBoC5m0QAvD_BwE

Llamacorn Tue 07-Nov-17 16:36:37

this is lovely from asos, the brand is good quality and the discount brings it from almost £200 to £117

Llamacorn Tue 07-Nov-17 16:37:07

Also if buying from asos, if you know a student then unidays gives another 10% discount on top.

PumpkinPicking841 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:38:37

M&S and Next are great for men's dressing gowns. Debenhams might be good too.

bedtimepain Tue 07-Nov-17 17:00:45

Ted Baker has quite few in the same Pebble grain as the mulberry bag :

bedtimepain Tue 07-Nov-17 17:09:41

Both are £149

bellsandwhistles89 Tue 07-Nov-17 17:20:57

Not sure about the dressing gown but for the bag you could always try the below company. I have previously bought from them and they were brilliant however I would purchase soon as shipping takes a while.
www.zatchels.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiA0IXQBRA2EiwAMODil_Z6IjzeqvpU1fV4J_puXcC_BKf-GYa15tBz_QsOGpQRaJVz1masFhoClrsQAvD_BwE

AnonEvent Wed 08-Nov-17 09:53:24

Thanks all.

I've only just realised that I can shop from TK Maxx online! I find the stores a bit overwhelming (and it's hit and miss whether they have that one thing I want in the right size). I'll take a look for a dressing gown there - good idea AndNone.

The bag is so tricky! I really like the style of the Ted Baker ones, Bedtime, but DH has a real aversion to TB as a brand...I'm not sure why. But the bag you included images for is one of the best I've seen in that price range, thank you. I'll also take a closer look at Fossil, I've always discounted them as being a bit outdoorsy, but I might be wrong.

Thanks Llama for the ASOS link - that's a really good deal, and a nice looking bag. I wonder if the leather is a bit cardboardy, just looking at the edges of the flap. Excellent value though!

I also like the idea of a satchel style bellsand but DH is less keen (I have a very nice egg-yolk yellow satchel which I'm very proud of).

Thanks again!

bedtimepain Wed 08-Nov-17 13:30:59

I know what you mean Anon About ted baker. Good luck either way!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Wed 08-Nov-17 13:49:04

Also, try Doc Martens for a leather bag. I have a lovely buttery soft men's leather messenger bag from there and I think it was £115.

Caroian Wed 08-Nov-17 16:41:49

Definitely recommend M&S for dressing gowns. Bought my husband a lovely soft one there last Christmas, which replaced the one I previously bought from there about 7 Christmases previously.

bellsandwhistles89 Thu 09-Nov-17 10:36:02

Love a satchel, good luck finding something for the other half you are a step ahead of me - no idea! Just remember that Black Friday will be with us soon so lots of lovely reductions.

AnonEvent Thu 09-Nov-17 14:20:56

We have a dressing gown win, I bought him a cheapish one from TK Maxx. Still thinking about the bag conundrum...

I also got him some cashmere-blend (because apparently, men don't want pure cashmere) socks so he can be as cosy as DD and I on a cold weekend morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now