Talk

Advanced search

Hatchimals

(5 Posts)
user1490806299 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:17:40

Our dd5has been wanting a hatchimal for awhile. I am not familiar with them but thought why not. Well until I actually saw one in a shop with price tag of £75! Little bit too expensive. It is her top wish for Xmas. We had planned to get some Lego and hatchimal for her but now we don’t know what to do.

AuntLydia Tue 07-Nov-17 14:22:31

You could get them cheaper than that in the summer when I got one for dd - unless this is an over priced 'new' version?! We spent £40ish I think. Still way over priced - they're crap and once it was hatched dd barely played with it. Shame it's not the kind of toy you can get 2nd hand!

StarDustMonkey Tue 07-Nov-17 20:59:35

They are on amazon for £47 for the single ones, or £54 for the new hatchimal surprise twins at the moment.

MrsPworkingmummy Tue 07-Nov-17 21:27:33

I wouldn't bother. My DD (also 5) has asked for one too, but after hearing loads of negative reviews on here from those who purchased last year, they seem to be a complete novelty and a waste of money. We have bought our DD a micro sprite scooter instead, a big box of classic lego, a pottery wheel and a few board games instead. I have bought her the mini Hatchimals which cost about £5 for a twin set from Smyths.

user1490806299 Wed 08-Nov-17 17:53:27

We are not going to pay £75 for a toy that you can’t reuse. My Dh has some spare time tonight and will go to smyths to see if they have some cheaper hatchimal thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now