Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Who has a christmas village scene?

(60 Posts)
DearMrDilkington Tue 07-Nov-17 12:20:13

I know they're super tacky, but I love themgrin.

I'm finally going to start one this year, does anyone fancy showing any photos of theirs from previous years to give me inspiration? grin

DanicaJones Tue 07-Nov-17 12:26:21

It's ok to be tacky at Christmas imo. smile

Annwithnoe Tue 07-Nov-17 12:35:28

The dc buy me another piece every year and their taste is questionable but they love it and it absolutely enchants visiting children.
I quite like the Scandinavian looking ones you can get now but they would look out of place among my tackfastic pieces.
It's especially awful fun when the dc insist on switching on all the musical ones at the one time grin

poooooooop Tue 07-Nov-17 12:45:58

I’m going to google as have no idea what this is!

My village has a public nativity display, which is nice

shakemysilliesout Tue 07-Nov-17 13:13:54

I love these, really to my taste, I don't have space at the moment for the scale I want as I also want to display my nativity scenes and advent calendar, I get it from my great grandfather who got really in to his detailed nativity scene, my ideas are much tackier.

Baileystruffle Tue 07-Nov-17 13:21:04

Look up the lego winter village stuff. Its beautiful, they bring out a new set every year.

KissesAX Tue 07-Nov-17 13:21:34

My GM bought one from costco for my mum 2 years ago. It looks amazing in front of th fire but this year we will have a 10mo so not sure how it's gonna be out this year

Commuterface Tue 07-Nov-17 13:22:50

ME! I don't care how tacky they are, I really love mine and add something to it every year. My DDs don't think it's Christmas until the Alpine Village comes out.

Maudlinmaud Tue 07-Nov-17 13:24:37

My friend has. It is really something! She has a carousel and a ferris wheel and everything. In fact she even has an ice rink with skaters. I am so jealous but she has been collecting for years.

DearMrDilkington Tue 07-Nov-17 13:26:38

Oh I'd love a carousel and a ferris wheel, but they're so expensive! Maybe I'll grab one in the January sales for next year..

Anyone got any photos?smile

SerendipityFelix Tue 07-Nov-17 13:28:18

I have Lego winter village grin love it

Maudlinmaud Tue 07-Nov-17 13:30:35

I haven't any photographs but I'll ask her if she has any and if she won't mind me posting here. Dear it's amazing and really not my thing at all. I used to have a train that went around the Christmas tree but the cats wouldn't leave it alone.

Commuterface Tue 07-Nov-17 13:32:41

Maudlinmaud I badly want a train but we don't have the space sad

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:46:11

We have a lemax one. We have about 5 houses and an ice rink. Dh has bought a mountain this year to accommodate the growing population of Christmas-ville. I pretend to despise the village, but secretly it's quite sweet. Let me see if I can unearth a picture from the depths of Facebook.....

Maudlinmaud Tue 07-Nov-17 13:47:15

Mine wasn't too big commuter it just went round the base of the tree, the cats found it fascinating and used to bat it off the tracks, dh got fed up of the derailments and said no more.

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:50:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Itsanewme Tue 07-Nov-17 13:53:35

I have one. I add pieces to it every year. I got a carousel and a ferris wheel in the sales last year. Will see have I a pic

Itsanewme Tue 07-Nov-17 13:55:10

These are my new additions

BluthsFrozenBananas Tue 07-Nov-17 13:56:17

I’ve always hankered after one, but don’t have the space. A local garden centre sells all the models and every year has a big village set up as a showpiece. It’s tacky AF with all the lights blinking, music going and bits twirling around, and I love it.

misskatamari Tue 07-Nov-17 13:57:58

I’ve never heard of these but I WANT ONE! grin

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:03:09

Had to report my post because the pictures had my name in!!

Maudlinmaud Tue 07-Nov-17 14:04:28

Beautiful.

DanicaJones Tue 07-Nov-17 14:10:04

Lovely and Christmassy

fannyfelcher Tue 07-Nov-17 14:27:06

I have found my people!! I had always envied my nans cheap village set but a few years ago on here I learnt about the beauty that is Lemax villages. Lat syear I bought 4 facade pieces as I was low on space and they can sit on a shelf but this year I have moved and have space for more! This is last years but will be adding more this year. I also bought a big nativity set and a rotating Christmas tree in the sale grin

DearMrDilkington Tue 07-Nov-17 14:52:25

I love your displays New & bear , where did you get most of them from?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now