Talk

Advanced search

Cost effective adult present ideas for pregnant mum

(12 Posts)
AlexsMum89 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:22:59

Last year I decided to make all the adults in the family ginger nut biscuits and packaged them up in nice cellophane with ribbons. I (hoped) it was nice as I didn't really want to spend lots on xmas presents for adults as they all have everything they want anyway and I was a bit short on cash being new to house ownership and renovating it etc.

This year I am pregnant, I am due to find out the sex just a few days before xmas (exciting) and DS is 7. I'm short on cash again due to the upcoming maternity leave and still renovating the blinking house. The adults all still have everything they need.

Does anyone have any ideas for nice but inexpensive gifts for the adults? I do have a few things at my disposal, but my baby brain is making it hard to think properly. Here's what I've got to work with:

- I've got lots of cellophane bags, rolls of cellophane, ribbon etc and baking equipment
- I make t shirts as a sideline and have a lot of different sized and coloured t shirts that I could add images to
- One DS (7) and one baby on the way
- DH and I only married in July this year and haven't properly shared any of the pictures of the wedding/guests yet (due to baby brain)

The children of course are a completely different kettle of fish. We will indulge them in their love of princesses and minecraft as usual!

AlexsMum89 Tue 07-Nov-17 12:38:12

bump

Spam88 Tue 07-Nov-17 14:49:21

The year we got married, we gave people framed pictures of their kids.

Loads of food things you could make though, Pinterest is your friend! Maybe fudge or gingerbread popcorn?

Ilovelampandchair Tue 07-Nov-17 14:50:44

Fudge and homemade cream cheese truffles in bags. Yum!

Annwithnoe Tue 07-Nov-17 17:55:26

Stained glass cookies here
I make them with the dc at Christmas. Maybe your DS could help? If he's not a natural baker he could still take part in smashing the sweets grin

NapQueen Tue 07-Nov-17 17:57:27

Small kilner jars from Ikea (79p) half full of hot chocolate and half full of mini marshmallows. Ribbon with a candy cane attached tied around the neck.

AlexsMum89 Tue 07-Nov-17 20:04:24

Thanks everyone. Why does everyone else find fudge easy and I find it a blooming nightmare?! I tried making it before and it was either a squishy mess or too hard and crumbly and I spent too many evenings trying to get it right!

Stained glass cookies sounds awesome - ds would definitely smash up sweets!

I think I need to try and find something for those who don't have a sweet tooth as well. I've got a few people who won't appreciate sweet things at all just to be difficult.

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 08-Nov-17 09:35:00

A small hamper with some homemade chocolate fudge, Chutney/s, cheese and crackers, Christmas socks etc.
If you have a B&M, Home bargains or Home sense near you they are good for cheap but nice presents.
Tkmaxx have nice bath sets cheap too.

MusicToMyEars800 Wed 08-Nov-17 09:36:25

I much prefer presents like the one I suggested in my above post, they are much more thoughtful and have noticed family and friends prefer them a lot more too smile

XmasStartsInNovember Mon 13-Nov-17 08:37:46

I’m making chutney, crackers and fudge for extended family.

formerbabe Mon 13-Nov-17 10:37:26

Why does everyone else find fudge easy and I find it a blooming nightmare?! I tried making it before and it was either a squishy mess or too hard and crumbly and I spent too many evenings trying to get it right!

Yeah I find it hard to make too...until I tried in the slow cooker. Google slow cooker fudge...lots of recipes and I think it's easier.

singadream Mon 13-Nov-17 11:59:12

you need to google Nigella PIstachio fudge which is ultra simple (and probably not really fudge but still delicious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now