Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas needed for Bad Taste Secret Santa

(7 Posts)
HangryHanderson Tue 07-Nov-17 11:10:47

Sorry, that's not the correct translation: it isn't bad taste as such or the crudest thing you can find or the ugliest object: it's meant to be something you have but no longer like or which is funny I guess but suitable for a works do. You aren't really meant to cheat or pay out lots of dosh as it's meant to be regifting...
But, here's the thing...
I have little in the house that is appropriate. Many things broken or destroyed by my kids, sure. But nothing regiftable or 'funny' - we do have a dancing Xmas tree toy but the kids still love it.
So I am going to have to cheat and get something from Amazon up to 10 euros. Home made won't cut it and it's not that all my things are things of beauty, I wish, I just don't have anything suitable (I do try to declutter and have already given items to Oxfam)
Any ideas?

HangryHanderson Tue 07-Nov-17 11:21:03

Test

HangryHanderson Tue 07-Nov-17 11:25:42

I cannot post the link, not sure why but I can get an "udder" jug in budget (glass, quite nice, milk inside goes into an udder design).
Is that hilarious enough? <sarcastic emoticon> I am not good at enforced joy. Bah humbug.
Thanks in advance flowers

magpiemischief Tue 07-Nov-17 11:37:59

Yep, that is fine. Don’t overthink it.

HangryHanderson Tue 07-Nov-17 11:45:31

www.nuku.co.uk/calf-and-half-the-udder-jug/

Good. Thanks magpie. Found another link.
As you can probably tell from my post, I am not looking forward to this jolly tradition. grin

fleshmarketclose Tue 07-Nov-17 11:51:49

Your jug is half price here

HangryHanderson Tue 07-Nov-17 12:06:22

Aw thank you. flowers I think it will do the job. Not sure why I put secret Santa in the title as it won't be, we are a small team and it will be a case of someone opening my gift off the table then having the choice to keep or pass it on/swap I think. I know the game and I guess it's meant to be something tacky/hideous/funny to elicit a groan, a blush or a laugh but I also know my colleagues well enough that if I were to buy such an item I might end up with seven confused or hmm faces so I need to play it safe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now