Talk

Advanced search

Only tricky people left to buy for, help, ideas needed?

(16 Posts)
Lovemusic33 Mon 06-Nov-17 16:08:25

I have done most of my Christmas shopping, just a few left to buy for.

My mum (almost 60, likes her garden, birds but has loads of bird feeder type things and gardening stuff), I only want to spend £20 maximum.

My dad and his partner, they have most things as they tend to buy what ever they like, I would rather buy them a joint gift, maybe food related but again only £20 to spend.

12 year old boy, likes football and Xbox (£5-£10)

7 year old boy, likes superheroes/marvel (£5-£10)

My nan, 90 years old, doesn't really need or want anything. £10 to spend.

Any ideas?

Haudyerwheesht Mon 06-Nov-17 16:14:58

12 year old this you can get them cheaper from home bargains

7 year old - superhero comic kit - amazon £10.49

Grumpbum Mon 06-Nov-17 16:20:12

Mum a copy of Monty Dons new book and some new secateurs, that’s what mine wants.

LittleLights Mon 06-Nov-17 16:25:27

Mum - Hedgehog box for garden.

Dad and partner - John Lewis mini hamper.

12 year old boy - a football

7 year old boy - type in Marvel into Argos and pick something within your price range (filter items showing as lowest first)

Nan - fluffy socks for bedtime? Does she have any hobbies?

Lovemusic33 Mon 06-Nov-17 16:30:08

Oh, I like the idea of a hedgehog box but I'm not sure if there dog would try and get into it? I think they do get hedgehogs and foxes in their garden.

My nan also likes feeding the birds but she doesn't really go outside much anymore (during the winter), fluffy socks would be good or a fluffy blanket.

imsorryiasked Mon 06-Nov-17 22:18:59

7 year old: lots of Marvel options here

12 year old: how about a boot bag

ChilliMary Mon 06-Nov-17 22:19:59

Vouchers - they can buy exactly what they want.

imsorryiasked Mon 06-Nov-17 22:23:31

And how about a magazine subscription for your parents - should be able to get a 6 month one at least for £20 lots here

LittleLights Tue 07-Nov-17 10:00:27

Studio have a fun pair of football socks.

They look like socks but with a football boot printed on the foot bit.

Lovemusic33 Tue 07-Nov-17 10:04:22

My parents don't really read magazines sad so I'm not sure if they would appreciate a subscription.

I don't really want to get vouchers for the kids as we have agreed to do presents and it's only a small amount that we spend, I usually try and find something funny or useful for them, plus I have already bought their older sisters present (can't give one a present and the others a voucher).

The socks from studio sound good, I will have a look, maybe I can put them with a selection box or some sweets?

And thank you for all the marvel ideas, he should be quite easy to buy for.

LittleLights Tue 07-Nov-17 10:35:24

Football socks here

BluthsFrozenBananas Tue 07-Nov-17 10:44:24

How about an insect or solitary bee hotel for your mum? There’s a selection on amazon for between £10 and £20.

Helena17 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:05:18

Give them vouchers and let them choose what they want.

Lovemusic33 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:19:46

A bee hotel is a great idea, I don't think she has one, I will have a look on Amazon.

Leeds2 Tue 07-Nov-17 16:56:10

A bird bath for your mum.
A mug for the 12 year old, with his favourite team on the front. Fill it with sweets/marshmallows.
An audio book for your nan.

whimsical1975 Tue 07-Nov-17 19:27:39

My 12yr DS hates to read but LOVES this book "Top 10 of Everything"... he gets one every year for Christmas - it literally has top 10 of everything e.g. Fastest, strongest, biggest, scariest... everything! From cars to roller coasters, tornadoes, weightlifting - you name it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now