Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Toy castles

(14 Posts)
Pluckedpencil Mon 06-Nov-17 06:10:09

After several hours of research, I have still not found a castle that seems to appeal for a six year old boy. He saw his friend’s imaginext one, but now there only seems to be this newer lion’s den model on amazon without the ladders and cannons and bells and whistles. does your dc play with a castle at 6? if so which one? i hear the playmobil one breaks easily....

abear Mon 06-Nov-17 06:30:16

We had the Playmobil castle for years. My boy played with it endlessly and whilst bits might come off they go back on easily. It was also great that you can get so many extra small packs which match so other people could always buy those for presents to match. I think it is the very best castle.

Pluckedpencil Mon 06-Nov-17 11:32:33

bumping hopefully?

MrsCrimbo74 Mon 06-Nov-17 13:10:44

I bought this for my son, it's £34.88 from Toysrus and the beauty about it is you can separate it in to two castles for when they have a friend over or one big castle

londonpia Mon 06-Nov-17 18:05:24

Sorry to crash- MrsCrimbo, that looks great! My DS loves playing with mini figures and has started playing with knights and soldiers etc. I've been looking a renovating a dolls house but this looks perfect. It says for ages 3-6, and DS is 6- do you think it's too babyish for a 6 year old?

barney11 Mon 06-Nov-17 23:58:10

We have both the old and new Imaginext castles and also 2 Playmobil castles. My sons are 4 and 7. They play with both brands and enjoy them, but i have to agree that the Playmobil would be better for a 6 year old. It has a lot more detail and features with lots of opportunity for add ons. It does break apart easily which can be frustrating, but it's easily put together again. Plus that can be a positive feature as you can then rebuild in a slightly different way e.g swapping which side the wall with the door will slot into, combining bits of the two castles to make one huge castle etc. Both are good quality and durable so if you have any doubts you could consider buying second hand (we did).

Stompythedinosaur Tue 07-Nov-17 00:00:51

We have the wooden Melissa and Doug one. It's nice, has a trap door, dungeon and moving drawbridge, and comes fully assembled.

My 6yo still plays with it, with various toys inhabiting it.

Tantpoke Tue 07-Nov-17 00:08:25

My DS had this one from ELC

www.elc.co.uk/castles-knights-and-monsters/dragonfire-fortress/145849.html?cgid=5553#start=1

But the one he loved the most hasn't been in production for years but I managed to buy one at a boot sale with figures etc it was made by Fisher Price

www.google.co.uk/search?q=toy+castles&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEm-DFlavXAhVGuRoKHYzyCW8Q_AUICygC&biw=1073&bih=760#imgrc=X1Y3Qtz7n58qcM:

Waddlelikeapenguin Tue 07-Nov-17 00:12:24

Melissa & Doug folding castle is great.
Mine also love the Holztiger one as theycan take to pieces & redesign for each game & it'sgood for larger figures/animals etc

paxillin Tue 07-Nov-17 00:17:36

Excalibur and Camelot by Le Toy Van are great. Several years old and still played with (slightly secretly) aged almost 10.

paxillin Tue 07-Nov-17 00:20:46

Whichever castle you get, check if they have any horses, knights and dragons in the bundle. They can cost a fortune bought separately.

wobblywonderwoman Tue 07-Nov-17 00:40:43

I bought an Elc castle. It is wooden and looks good.

Fannyfannakerpants Tue 07-Nov-17 07:09:11

Lidl have one in this week but i was wonder

Fannyfannakerpants Tue 07-Nov-17 07:09:47

Try again. Sorry.
I was wondering if it was too young for a 5 year old boy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now