Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas drink ideas?

(15 Posts)
QueenOnAPlate Sun 05-Nov-17 19:54:34

I am looking for ideas for lovely Christmas drinks. I normall love a fizzy cocktail but am currently on medication that I can't have alcohol, anything fizzy or acidic with sad . I also can't have caffeine or aspamartane (sp).
I live on milk and decaff coffee, but I'd like something slightly more festive! Has anyone seen anything that would fit the bill?

MrsHathaway Sun 05-Nov-17 19:56:57

Cutting out acidic drinks would be the trickiest as that's pretty much everything!

Will consult my Pinterest board to see what jumps out.

MrsHathaway Sun 05-Nov-17 20:01:39

The best I can find is using coconut water as a base to reduce the acid effect of other fruit juices. You could do a syrup infusion from now - I've been infusing elderflower cordial with crushed juniper berries for a gin-like flavour, and you could try adding cinnamon, orange peel and vanilla pod for a Christmassy version.

Frege Sun 05-Nov-17 20:24:47

You can make eggnog without alcohol and it's lovely. Not something you'd want to drink all day but definitely festive.

ginteresting Sun 05-Nov-17 20:45:47

Non alcoholic mulled wine?

goose1964 Sun 05-Nov-17 22:59:50

Holland and Barrett sell ginger cordial and also a spiced berry one

Popsicle789 Mon 06-Nov-17 11:59:34

Ribena winter cordial

chocoshopoholic Mon 06-Nov-17 12:05:38

Can you have apple juice? Mulled cloudy apple juice will cloves and ginger is lovely.

Scabbersley Mon 06-Nov-17 12:06:56

i would have recommended Ribena Winter Spice but now it has aspartame in it sadly and is utterly disgusting because of it

Scabbersley Mon 06-Nov-17 12:07:48

I went to a christmas party last year and they did a winter cocktail of ginger beer mixed with apple juice, with cinnamon sticks to stir. Was delish.

Scabbersley Mon 06-Nov-17 12:08:14

it wasn't very fizzy but I guess that depends on the ginger beer

Almostthere15 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:13:43

Rebel kitchen do a chai 'milkshake' which is really nice. It wouldn't be an everyday drink I don't think, but it would be good over ice or warmed up.

Elderflower cordial would be nice - is sparkling water out too?

You could try some fruit teas - pukka have a really good selection.

DeadDoorpost Mon 06-Nov-17 16:09:47

Mulled punch.. Aldi did one last year which was lovely.
Second the elderflower cordial.
Mint hot chocolates? For the evening obviously not during the dinner...

Ricekrispie22 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:14:38

Bottlegreen spiced Berry cordial (Waitrose)
White hot chocolate made with coconut milk and a splash of cherry cordial.

Ricekrispie22 Mon 06-Nov-17 21:16:12

Frij do an Irish coffee flavour milkshake. Warmed up would be lovely. Irish coffee without caffeine or alcohol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now