Talk

Advanced search

Amazon order history

(11 Posts)
jocktamsonsbairn Sun 05-Nov-17 09:38:52

Aaarghh!! Just ordered basically all of DS Christmas including a major surprise which he thinks I can’t afford. Never even thought about it but both dc use my amazon log in to watch films, box sets etc so can easily access my order history. They are both teens and very tech savvy. Anything I can do to hide the order history but still have it as a receipt in case the Xbox controller and games need to be returned? Can’t believe I never even thought about it as I could easily have set up a new account and prime trial. confused

LaChatte Sun 05-Nov-17 09:41:28

Change your password and tell them no access to your account until the new year ?

GreenTulips Sun 05-Nov-17 09:42:09

Go to account
Click orders
Click Hide Order
It disappears

GreenTulips Sun 05-Nov-17 09:42:59

Bright DD hasn't worked this out yet, but it's still obvious if someone is seriously looking

Akire Sun 05-Nov-17 09:45:36

You can hid it but pretty sure if you search and look at item it shows bar saying You bought this item on the x. Probable changing passwords good idea!

GreenTulips Sun 05-Nov-17 10:03:20

It also has ads floating about

Shows you've searched forb'xbox' and it appears round the screen when they watch stuff

So annoying! I have written to them about this before but no change

Spam88 Sun 05-Nov-17 10:15:09

Can they not have their own accounts and you can add them to your household?

happymummy2010 Sun 05-Nov-17 10:16:00

I had the same problem... bought a Present for my son. Managed to hide the order (Can only be done on main site and not via the app.) but if you search for the item it still says I have already bought the item. Now have to remember to log out of my account after I have finished browsing as my DS keeps searching for the item.

EskSmith Sun 05-Nov-17 10:17:11

As spam says set them up as a subsidiary account on your amazon account. Then change your password.

jocktamsonsbairn Sun 05-Nov-17 14:00:12

Thank you. I’ll have a look at setting up the subsidiary accounts as they use prime a lot and I would just get grief!! I may be back for help on how to achieve this!!!
I’m not too worried about X box popping up as we were on amazon together the other night when he was showing me the games he wanted. He knows the elite controller is too dear (o got it!) but he was looking at them. Hopefully they’ll just think that was it!

jocktamsonsbairn Sun 05-Nov-17 14:11:41

Yay!! Success thank you! All that appears on the 2nd adult account is some game or app that was ordered years ago. I had forgotten that I’d set up another account years ago so they’re now linked and kids have the safe logins!! Really grateful thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now