Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nintendo Switch deals???

(23 Posts)
val4 Fri 03-Nov-17 10:19:17

Anyone come across any Nintendo Switch bundles, particularly with FIFA 18??. Do you think it's worth holding on for Black Friday deals, or is there fear it will sell out???😱

val4 Fri 03-Nov-17 17:31:10

Anyone???

Dothedamnthang Fri 03-Nov-17 20:40:22

I heard that Smyths is doing the Mario bundle for £319 which is a good deal.

ohanabanana Sat 04-Nov-17 08:10:31

I think Switches are the same price everywhere and are unlikely to be discounted on Black Friday. If you google Very discount codes you might be able to get 20% off for signing up. Makes a big difference on something expensive like a Switch.

goldenlilliesdaffodillies Sat 04-Nov-17 10:19:53

I have also been looking and hoping for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals- they are so expensive!

GinisLife Sat 04-Nov-17 14:01:03

Are they any good ? FS14 has asked for one and as his birthday and Xmas are both in December I might give in and buy one. He has an old XBox360 he bought with him and a computer I bought him but he only seems to go on Minecraft. I know nothing at all about games consoles and what's best. He did mention Mario last night

val4 Sat 04-Nov-17 22:49:09

My boys are 11( twins) so they want one between them. One wants FIFA 18, the other Mario. They are expensive but I like that they can play it on TV and also portable device. They are expensive though!

BWatchWatcher Sat 04-Nov-17 22:50:13

Try the Nintendo website?

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 05-Nov-17 13:59:41

My DS has been permantly glued to his since the new Mario game came out.

lionsleepstonight Sun 05-Nov-17 18:31:36

With the very 20% off for new customers the switch with Mario comes to 260. But I thought that finished in October. You could also add the fifa game to your basket and get the discount off that too. I couldn't find anything to beat that. As it's a brand new console I can't see it going better than that.

ohanabanana Sun 05-Nov-17 21:17:45

Just from googling Very discount codes there is LXJGR for new customers, valid until 13/11. Worth a try!

MoonfaceAndSilky Fri 10-Nov-17 10:41:19

Offer in Smyths at the moment, if you're still looking:

www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-console-bundle-deals/nintendo-switch-neon-console-and-1-select-game/b/800101

AlwaysHaveABobble Fri 10-Nov-17 11:56:56

I got it for about £300 on very a while ago.
I took it out the box to have --have a play/- check it's working before I wrapped it yesterday and I LOVED it. Can't wait to give it to DS. Just need to take out that second mortgage to pay for some
More games

WhatchaMaCalllit Fri 10-Nov-17 12:19:28

Does anyone know if you can use older Nintendo Wii games on this new console?

WhatchaMaCalllit Fri 10-Nov-17 12:32:02

Holy crap on a cracker - the difference in price between the £stg and €euro for exactly the same console sold in Smyths.

The Super Mario Odyssey is €385 on the Irish site and on the UK site is £320 (€362.29). That's quite a difference in price. The consold by itself is £279.99 (€317.05) and the same console on the Irish site is €330.

Methinks a trip up to NI may be on the cards!

MoonfaceAndSilky Fri 10-Nov-17 14:39:52

No, Whatcha, pretty sure you can't play old games on the new switch.

val4 Fri 10-Nov-17 19:12:31

I'm in Ireland too and always buy from U.K sites because of price difference. I use Parcel Motel who charge 4.50 for delivery. I'm always shocked at difference in price too,Whatayamacallit. Rip of Republic alive and well!!

BWatchWatcher Fri 10-Nov-17 21:30:21

Wii games are on discs, the switch takes games a bit like the ds I think. Small and easy to lose shakes fist damn you Nintendo!

CakeNinja Fri 10-Nov-17 22:46:01

BWatch, they know what they're doing with those small cartridges!
Nintendo has very little draw apart from the nostalgic Mario aspect and they realise this.
My dc love all the Nintendo consoles because of Mario, but they offer little else to 'gamers' (I'm not a gamer!) - they have to keep rehashing the same old games and characters as otherwise they would be finished.

JigglyTuff Fri 10-Nov-17 22:54:29

Nah you're totally wrong Cake. The new Zelda game (Breath of the Wild) is incredible. It's beautiful to look at and totally sandbox - you determine how much (if any) of the quest you do. It's fab. Actually you can do the same with Mario Odyssy - finishing the game is only the starting point.

The console is amazing and graphics phenomenal. The Switch is everything the wii U should have been but wasn't.

I will always

JigglyTuff Fri 10-Nov-17 22:55:18

I don't know why Celine Dion made an appearance there hmm

CakeNinja Fri 10-Nov-17 23:31:38

Oh don't get me wrong, I'll always buy Nintendo as it's what the dc love, I'm going to get them a switch this year as a joint surprise because I know they'll love it.
But without mario, they would never have lasted this long!

BWatchWatcher Fri 10-Nov-17 23:39:38

@CakeNinja, last year we spent £35 on a much wanted ds game. It lasted 2 days before he lost it at a "friend's" house.
shakes fist

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now