Talk

Advanced search

What do 6 year old boys like?!

(31 Posts)
Scotinoz Thu 02-Nov-17 21:36:12

I've got a couple of girlfriends who I've known forever, and we always by something for each others' kids. We're spread all over the country so don't see each other much to know what the kids are really into, but it's just tradition.

Anyway, I can buy for preschool age and under, and girls, with ease. But I haven't a clue what 6 year old boys like.

Any ideas around the £10 mark?! Thanks!!

Peachy27 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:40:05

One of those science kits? There are lots of different ones about. Or match attax cards if they are into football and collect them?

ShowOfHands Thu 02-Nov-17 21:42:46

My 6yo wants clothes! Just clothes. He's a weirdo though.

He also likes Lego, Imaginext, board games and Top Trumps.

CannotEvenThink Thu 02-Nov-17 21:45:58

Dobble is around that price and is good fun.

Q

HollyandBrambles Thu 02-Nov-17 21:46:15

Cars, Lego, top trumps, marbles/marble run

NoodieRoodie Thu 02-Nov-17 21:48:05

Lego, Ninja Turtles, Marvel/superheroes, anything involving poo!

DS is 6 tomorrow (sob) so I'm in the thick of it!

Christmastree43 Thu 02-Nov-17 21:48:53

Cars, Lego, dinosaurs

Saying that I bought clothes for the six year old boy in my life for his bday last month and he loved them smile

firawla Thu 02-Nov-17 21:49:49

Mine is crazy about football, and also loves any kind of top trumps cards, and Lego

rubberducker Thu 02-Nov-17 21:53:44

Can’t go wrong with Lego - or anything to do with minions if my 5 and 7 yr olds are anything to go by!

They also like imaginext and transformers. Oldest likes match attax too but that’s quite a recent thing so prob not something I’d go for if you don’t know whether the kids are into football.

Believeitornot Thu 02-Nov-17 21:54:36

Hot wheels
Playmobil
Lego
Knex
RC cars

CannotEvenThink Thu 02-Nov-17 21:58:55

Got interrupted there by the cat throwing a glass of water at me.

My 5 and a half year old has also been asking for a marble run for Christmas. He loves Lego, Spider-Man and sharpie markers.

Curiousgeorgey Thu 02-Nov-17 22:01:01

Lego, pokemon, minecraft, skylanders, superheros although going off them in favour of pokemon, ben 10.

Superheroes, Star Wars, Ninjago, Power Rangers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ben 10. I'll be back with more when I ask DS2 in the morning.

Carrie76 Thu 02-Nov-17 22:16:16

My 6 yo loves Roald Dahl books, dobble, monopoly (most games actually) marble racer, snap bands, lego and anything Star Wars. I bought a Star Wars glass that changes colour when you put a cold drink in it for one of his classmates birthdays and he was so jealous!! Same with a Star Wars cereal bowl (they came from Debenhams)

WhispersOfWickedness Thu 02-Nov-17 22:18:17

To be honest, this is the age where you start to actually need to know what the child is interested in rather than assuming all children of that age/gender are going to like something. My DS is 7 and hates anything Marvel, superhero, Star Wars, or Lego! He likes pokemon, my little pony, craft kits, magformers and a very wide range of books.

MimsyBorogroves Thu 02-Nov-17 22:22:20

Lego is all mine ever wants.

Ojoj1974 Thu 02-Nov-17 22:24:21

Have a look on wicked uncle website

Acadia Thu 02-Nov-17 22:28:23

Hexbugs were a big hit at 6 and still going strong years later here.

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap Thu 02-Nov-17 22:31:29

'Disgustingness' kits/ practical joke sets etc. have always gone down well with the aged 5-7s I buy for! smile

In the spirit of Christmas fun, I imagine even the most serious child would enjoy a bit of 'science' daftness.

For under a tenner, "Disgustingly Nasty Science Kit" looks promising.

[Sale: £4.99 (reduced from £9.99) + £2.99 postage]

FlooOOOooomplet Thu 02-Nov-17 22:36:53

Anything related to WWE wrestling hmm books, trading cards, annuals, busy books, imaginext (££!) Lego, Batman.

singadream Thu 02-Nov-17 23:06:44

Small lego set.
Voice disguiser.
Chocolate.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Thu 02-Nov-17 23:08:52

Marble Run
Lego
Magnetic building thingy
Transformers
Paw Patrol
Craft & painting stuff

gentlydoesit89 Thu 02-Nov-17 23:13:43

My DS turned 6 last weekend and he asked for any Super Mario or Legend of Zelda related (found some cool little play sets for him), Mario monopoly, and Lego.
He’s suddenly ditched Minions, Cars and Paw Patrol like they’re the worst things ever so you do need to be careful with this age I’m finding!

AlohaMama Fri 03-Nov-17 05:49:38

It seems I'm in the minority here but I was about to say 'anything but lego'. It seems to be the default gift of choice for boys of this age and now we're over run with the stuff! Have recently bought this for a 6 year old and he loved it. Second top trumps and chapter books like Roald dahl, Knex, nerf guns, star wars.

Movablefeast Fri 03-Nov-17 05:57:17

Art projects and early science projects too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now