Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Aldi food and meat recommendations

(7 Posts)
DeadDoorpost Thu 02-Nov-17 14:06:22

Pretty much that really. Aldi has just reopened where I am after going through refurbishment and I've had a brief look round this morning because I'm nosey and saw that they've got their turkeys and other meats in ready for Christmas. Now, what would you recommend from there? We can't really get anywhere else and I'm 38 weeks pregnant on Sunday and seeing as it's just over the road from us it's the best option.
Is their stuffed duck any good? And what about any other suggestions food wise?

Branleuse Thu 02-Nov-17 15:00:32

ive got my christmas food from there for years, and its always been pretty good. Why dont you try some stuff in advance to test it out

Shakirasma Thu 02-Nov-17 15:20:29

Their gammon is delicious.

DeadDoorpost Thu 02-Nov-17 16:11:20

@Branleuse if we can we will. We're on a bit of a tight budget but I certainly want and need to practice cooking the meat so it gives me an excuse I guess. DH should be happy though to eat food...
@Shakirasma glad to hear that as I was hoping to pick up a Gannon join from them!

Branleuse Thu 02-Nov-17 16:32:23

We had some multi-bird roast thing. One year it was amazing. The second year theyd put orange in it which i didnt think was as nice. I think the three-bird is better than the five-bird

SymphonyofShadows Thu 02-Nov-17 18:02:01

I got the three bird roast last year as a back-up 'just in case of extra guests etc.' We ended up having it on NYD. It was great, cooked from frozen in a surprisingly fast time.

DeadDoorpost Thu 02-Nov-17 20:31:50

Thank you! I took DH in there to have a look and we picked up a gammon joint to try out on sunday. He liked the idea of trying it out beforehand A LOT 😂 but he's making the Yorkshire puddings so I don't have to worry about those. He wants to perfect them ready for Christmas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now