Talk

Advanced search

Nursery presents

(10 Posts)
bumpysleighride Thu 02-Nov-17 12:26:45

Help! DS is 14 months so this will be the first Christmas at Nursery, and I’m not sure on present buying etiquette. He has 1 key worker and also has a lot to do with the leader of the baby room. However it’s a small Nursery so everyone who’s works there knows him and presumably occasionally help out looking after him. Then there’s the admin woman etc.

I was thinking a big box of nice biscuits for everyone to share, then 2 small presents for his key worker and the leader of the baby room. Smellies or candle, that sort of thing.

Is this ok? Don’t know what people normally do confused

MrsOverTheRoad Thu 02-Nov-17 12:28:28

Yes...big box of chocolates or similar and small personal gift for those directly involved.

Those festive tins with a nice pair of socks in them from Boots are good...as are Starbuck's gift cards. Candles are pretty much useless for many people and not everyone can use soaps etc due to sensitivities or personal taste.

2014newme Thu 02-Nov-17 12:30:54

Yes fine.i totally love scented candles but I'm very particular as I know a lot of people are so I would avoid that. I hate Yankee candles for example.

bumpysleighride Thu 02-Nov-17 12:39:37

Hmm good point about candles being very personal, and also skin sensitivity. I’ll have a look in boots for gifty things, so glad I asked! Thanks, good to know I’m on the right track grin

Pomegranatepompom Thu 02-Nov-17 20:15:38

Last year I got nice hand creams and the small chocolate bags for the main carers. Chocs for everyone else.

MrsAlbie Thu 02-Nov-17 20:24:20

Choc/sweets good for everyone. Maybe at start of December so they don't have choc overload!
If you want to give something personal to his key worker then make sure to label it with her name. My workplace brought in a new rule where we all had to put presents in a big pile and management raffled tjem out to us. They said we could only keep what was personally for us with our name, nothing that said 'Tiger Room' or whatever. You end up with battered chocs whilst some other staff member gets the lovely gift the parent intended for you!

bumpysleighride Thu 02-Nov-17 21:05:39

Ooh yes hand creams are a nice idea, thanks. (Though again with allergies etc will have to careful.) I’ll make they’re labelled properly, I was going to make the two personal gifts ‘from’ DS.

Pomegranatepompom Thu 02-Nov-17 21:09:05

I got the crabtree and Evelyn ones, if you but the bigger sets you can split them up and it works out not as pricey. Or the sanctuary crackers you can get in boots?

bumpysleighride Thu 02-Nov-17 21:16:33

Ooh yes I like Crabtree and Evelyn, good tip with buying a larger set. I’ll add it to my Christmas to buy list. Cheers grin

Pomegranatepompom Fri 03-Nov-17 09:41:10

Also John Lewis often do 30% off those sets smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now