Talk

Advanced search

Jigsaw puzzle for a 4 year old

(9 Posts)
FiddleFigs Thu 02-Nov-17 12:06:06

Any recommendations for good non-Disney/character puzzles that would entertain a couple of 4 year olds? I want to get something for DD and DNiece to do on Xmas day afternoon. Local shops just full of Disney/character puzzles, which I'd rather avoid.

Equimum Thu 02-Nov-17 12:15:20

My son, who is almost 5, has really enjoyed the Orchard toys puzzles this year. We have a 25 piece jungle one, and a dinosaur one, which I think has around 50 pieces.

It may not be what you want, but DS also loves the orchard toys road puzzle, which can be put together in different ways and forms a track for toy cars etc

ILoveCwtches Thu 02-Nov-17 12:27:11

My 4yo DD has a couple of Ravensburger puzzles. You can filter by age on the site. I enjoy doing them with her, but she can do 4+ on her own (is 4.6 now but has had them since she was 4).

She likes dinosaurs and underwater creatures. grin

ILoveCwtches Thu 02-Nov-17 12:28:30

Oh and we have a 6+ dinosaur one which with a bit of help she can do (only needs the help really as there are words round the edge).

DelurkingAJ Thu 02-Nov-17 12:51:35

Don’t know how well you know them (my family aren’t all close) but check the difficulty level with the parents. My just 5 year old is good at them and is sniffy of anything under 100 pieces. Some of his mates can’t cope with 20 pieces...(albeit they can kick a football without falling over but that’s another story!).

secondhoneymoon Thu 02-Nov-17 20:59:41

Early learning centre have a 100 piece solar system puzzle, a 54 piece under the sea puzzle and a 42 piece dinsaur puzzle. Not cheap +P&P if you don't live near a shop that stocks them

Carrie76 Thu 02-Nov-17 22:18:32

I agree with DelurkingAJ my guys love jigsaws and the age guides are completely wrong for them. 2 year old does 4 year old ones, also some kids have no interest in them whatsoever!!

FiddleFigs Fri 03-Nov-17 15:56:22

thanks for the suggestions - will look into Orchard and Ravensburger, and will check out ELC too.

DD is closer to 5 and loves puzzles - she quite enjoys being challenged. DNiece is only just 4 and tends to like easy things, but will do anything DD asks of her! Maybe a puzzle isn't the way to go....

Muddlingalongalone Fri 03-Nov-17 21:53:34

I got dd1 a world map jigsaw last Christmas when she was 5 which was great. I got one with quite big pieces because she has more patience with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now