Talk

Advanced search

Tut! Teen DS has just purchased for himself the only things I knew he wanted for his Christmas!

(6 Posts)
WaxOnFeckOff Wed 01-Nov-17 22:31:57

No idea what I am going to get him now. I told him to wait or that I'd give him some Christmas money early to go towards getting a better version than he's bought. He's bought a new CPU and Motherboard for his PC. To me he's not spent enough to make it worth the work of rebuilding the PC as no doubt it will need to be done again in a year or so. Why don't they listen?

MrsOverTheRoad Thu 02-Nov-17 06:32:21

Clothes? Would he like tickets to an event instead maybe?

RavingRoo Thu 02-Nov-17 06:38:08

Does he want to learn a programming language? If so you could buy him a course.

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 02-Nov-17 20:37:59

Thank you both, apologies, I didn't see that there were replies here smile

He's not into clothes and the music he likes is all by bands that don't exist anymore! We got him tickets to a tribute band for his birthday and he quite enjoyed that, I may have a look and see if anyone else playing in the vicinity in the new year though, thanks for the suggestions.

he's not into programming, he used to go to a coding club with his brother but wasn't enjoying it. DS1 is very into programming and he will rebuild Ds2s PC with the new bits he has bought. He's been building PCs since he was 13. They are like chalk and cheese!

MrsHathaway Thu 02-Nov-17 21:14:47

He sounds like DH as a teenager.

DH says "liquid cooling is the big thing for performance" and might be of interest.

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 02-Nov-17 21:23:44

Thank you. Ds1 has looked into liquid coolers before but just added a few extra fans instead. smile He was also (apparently) looking to upgrade his CPU this year. He's done everything else. But he's looking to be at Uni next year so I've reminded him that he is unlikely to be taking a big gaming PC and a three curved screen set up to uni with him. I don't think he'd thought about that....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now