Talk

Advanced search

DD First Christmas Recommendations

(10 Posts)
lirael92 Wed 01-Nov-17 17:23:17

I am a first-time mammy to a 3 month old little girl and I have limited experience buying toys for very young children ( unless I know of something specific it's often a gift voucher).

I am trying to figure out what kind of toys to get for her this Christmas as she is still quite young and yes I have thought about getting stuff for down the road when she is 6, 9 months plus etc but even then I am unsure of which to consider. Money and space are somewhat limited and I have already gotten some of the typical young baby bits like a play gym, lullaby bear, mobils etc.

As for getting a mix of clothes and toys I figure il wait to have a look at clothes in the sales after Christmas, aside from her Christmas outfit.

So basically I am wondering what did you get for your childs first Christmas and what would you recommend??

flissfloss65 Wed 01-Nov-17 17:26:32

A cute teddy hand puppet from Merrythought. He was only six months and it was a last minute buy. He loved watching it move around and played with it for years.

Leeds2 Wed 01-Nov-17 17:39:02

I would get a personalised bauble for the Christmas tree (e.g. Jessica's First Christmas 25/12/2017 type thing), a couple of bath toys and save the rest until she is a little older.
Or I would start to build up a library of books to read to her when she is a little older.

Ausparent Wed 01-Nov-17 17:48:42

Dont feel pressure to get anything this year, especially if money is tight.

Money in a savings account is what we gave our son the first year.

lirael92 Wed 01-Nov-17 18:14:25

I have some money set aside for it, I am one of those people that usually goes a bit overboard and usually starts Christmas shopping around September. It's an entirely different story now, I am lucky to do food shopping lol. Most gift shopping may be done off amazon or argos to be honest.

Changerofname987654321 Wed 01-Nov-17 18:29:27

Books, emergency foil blanket, stacking cups, hand puppets. Wilko and IKEA have some lovely reasonable priced toys.

A second hand jumperoo.

Dobbyandme Wed 01-Nov-17 23:30:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peachy94 Thu 02-Nov-17 00:16:36

Jumperoo, push walker, activity table, activity cube, ball or something that moves to crawl after, that’s not my..... books, lift the flap books, teethers, ball popper, tomy hide and squeak eggs, stacking cups, shape softer, bath toys, drum, xylophone, large blocks, my pal scout or the fisher price puppy, toy phone, toy remote, rain maker, sensory bottles. Anything that has a v loud annoying song that will make you loose the will to live will be a big hit wink

AdaColeman Thu 02-Nov-17 00:46:20

I agree about getting a lovely bauble for the tree. You might like to start a collection of Beatrix Potter stories which will bring pleasure in years to come.
Don't forget to take lots of photos, and have a wonderful Christmas!

AutumnGlitterBall Thu 02-Nov-17 00:53:23

I upcycled an old wooden toy box with white paint and his name in wooden letters from hobbycraft painted in blue glitter paint. We also bought things like his Christmas Eve box and Santa key.

For my first Christmas, my parents bought me a teddy and a wardrobe!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: