Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for small gifts for staff

(11 Posts)
strawberrypenguin Wed 01-Nov-17 12:33:02

I manage a team of 12 people and I’d like to get everyone a small gift this year as they’ve had a tough year and come through it still smiling. Ideally I’d like to spend no more than £5 pp as money is quite tight at the moment.

Any ideas gratefully received!

KC225 Wed 01-Nov-17 13:13:42

I used to do volunteer reading in the reception/year 1classroom along with a few other parents. One year the teacher bought us beautiful felt robin Christmas decoration. It seems odd, but my children are now in secondary school and I think of those early years every time we put it on the tree.

A beautiful decoration

RaininSummer Wed 01-Nov-17 13:15:05

I just bought a novelty USB stick (smurf) for a fiver from Amazon as secret santa for work. I would like to receive something like that.

EssentialHummus Wed 01-Nov-17 13:15:58

£5 Costa voucher?

Teddy7878 Wed 01-Nov-17 13:20:56

You can get little boxes of Christmas Hotel Chocolat chocolates for £5 each.

Or how about a Christmassy scented candle?

Bottle of prosecco? Can usually get them for about £6.

Bitlost Wed 01-Nov-17 13:24:39

Christmas Lush bath bomb?

strawberrypenguin Thu 02-Nov-17 08:15:33

Ooh I like the idea of a Christmas decoration! Thanks

Treats Thu 02-Nov-17 10:38:36

If you have time - and are that way inclined- you could make up a couple of batches of cookie dough and stick in the freezer this weekend. Then you can bake from frozen the night before, bag up in a treat bag and tie with some fancy ribbon. The whole thing should come out under a tenner.

You’d have to be aware of allergies etc, but you could always do something gluten or dairy free if you needed to.

singadream Thu 02-Nov-17 23:10:37

I like those small packs of Lindt chocolates - so they often do packs of five small chocolate teddies, or chocolate reindeer. I think they are a few pounds and they look nice and they could easily be refitted if they don't like chocolate.

wobblywonderwoman Thu 02-Nov-17 23:12:51

Tree decoration would be lovely. Of love that

BigcatLittlecat Thu 02-Nov-17 23:18:37

Marks and Spencers have initials with lights in their Christmas range this year. They are £5 but in the three for two offer. I have bought loads!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now