Talk

Advanced search

Make up kit for someone new to makeup

(7 Posts)
PhuntSox Wed 01-Nov-17 12:05:11

Has anyone spotted a nice make up set with a bit of everything in that would suit a teenager who doesn't own much make up? Superdrug have a lovely palette but nothing with a bit of everything else. Anyone spotted anything good (and not expensive!)?

Ricekrispie22 Wed 01-Nov-17 17:40:29

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_172010115799_-1

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_172010148499_-1

I think I prefer the second one as it includes mascara unlike the first one. However, it doesn't include make up brushes or foundation, but it would be easy to buy a small set of brushes and foundation really needs to be matched up well to the individual skin tone anyway.

ohjonsnow Wed 01-Nov-17 19:26:21

try the Revolution range in Superdrug. My dd says they are a very good alternative to Urban Decay. They do some nice kits.

CocoPuffsinGodMode Wed 01-Nov-17 21:17:58

One thing I’d say about those sets with “a bit of everything” is that quite a lot of it won’t necessarily suit the receiver and so a fair bit goes to waste. Does anyone ever really use more than a few bits from them?

If buying for a teen just getting into makeup I think a better idea is to choose an eyeshadow pallet, they seem to be all about they eyes (and brows!) as far as I can tell. Nyx and Sleek are two brands sold in boots which IMO are good quality and very affordable. Very popular with teens (and I must admit I rate them too and have stopped paying silly money for UD in favour of these, used with a primer).

With the 3 for 2 currently going in boots you could get a sleek palette, real techniques eye make up brushes and a shadow primer for @ what you’d pay for the bit of everything sets. Went down very well with teen nieces last year and they’ve already requested palettes again this year smile.

PhuntSox Thu 02-Nov-17 12:16:24

Thanks everyone!

Blackcatonthesofa Thu 02-Nov-17 13:15:42

You can take her to a make up workshop and later buy the colors that she likes and that suit her and give those for christmas?

Unicorn81 Thu 02-Nov-17 14:47:36

I like the tarte kits and they are quite high end at affordable prices, these kits are good. Amazonian clay foundation is matte and rainforest of the sea is lighter weight with dewy look. I gave my neices some of these and they loved them (they normally by mac)

www.qvcuk.com/tarte/beauty/make-up/make-up-sets/_/N-1z13yoeZlfm5Z1z13y5t/c.html

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: