Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about the Boots 3 for 2 I keep hearing about?

(9 Posts)
FGSholdthedoor Wed 01-Nov-17 10:52:50

Is it worth it?

What would/do you buy?

I'm needing to finish up Christmas shopping in the next 2 weeks or so as expecting a baby so any tips or good buys would be appreciated!
Also I'm on a budget of about £15 a head so any savings would be amazing! halo

PJBanana Wed 01-Nov-17 11:39:53

In my experience it’s good for cheaper stocking fillers or buying gifts for people when you’re not sure what they’d like.

I haven’t looked myself yet but they usually have some nice (and some not so nice!) bath/shower gift sets that would be good for teens. Lots of makeup palettes too.

It’s also worth taking advantage if you have any candles to buy. They normally have Yankee and Woodwick candles included in the 3 for 2 offer.

FGSholdthedoor Wed 01-Nov-17 11:55:07

Oooh the Yankee and Woodwick sounds good!

My DM loved the big Woodwick candle with the big crackling wood bit I bought her last year.

Is Sanctuary any good? I just had a nosey on the website and I've seen some lovely gift sets from them in jars (hoping to hit 2 birds with 1 stone as MIL loves any containers/jars/tins) .

PJBanana Wed 01-Nov-17 12:37:24

I’ve just been over to Boots on my lunch break (curiosity got the better of me!) and I can confirm they had LOTS of Woodwick candles in.

I think Sanctuary are definitely one of the ‘nicer’ brands, I quite often pick up their smaller gift sets as stocking fillers. Most of their products smell gorgeous as well.

schoolgaterebel Fri 03-Nov-17 08:14:46

I find Boots 3 for 2 great for teen gifts (with brands like Jack Wills, Superdry, Ted Baker etc)

It is also worth keeping an eye out for their weekly 'star gifts' (usually a gift if about £50 for half price)

glow1984 Fri 03-Nov-17 08:20:27

I always get a few things from boots at Xmas. Sometimes for myself lol

FGSholdthedoor Fri 03-Nov-17 15:25:35

I think I'm going to end up buying most of my gifts from there.

I'm due to have a baby towards the end of this month and I need to get them all sorted beforehand.
Just not sure what to get for who yet ...

Care to throw any ideas my way?

I still have to buy for
- MiL and FIL
- DM and DF (both fairly young mid/late 40s)
- SIL (early 30s)

Unicorn81 Fri 03-Nov-17 15:50:16

Ted baker gift sets are great for all ages i think, especially the makeup
No7 sets are great value too
For the men, ted baker again or food and drink type stuff id say
Pjs are also good

Keep an eye on the star gifts as they change everyweek

Superdrug also do some good gift sets

hoyhoy44 Fri 03-Nov-17 16:16:37

i think it depends what it is, often the branded items may be cheaper elsewhere e.g. lynx sets and sometimes the gift sets may have one useful product and a load of pointless bits in but there is some good sets and you can find a lot for all different people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now