Talk

Advanced search

Presents for 5 and 7 year old boys

(4 Posts)
PickleSarnie Tue 31-Oct-17 22:21:17

Help! I have no clue what to get my kids as their "main" present. The youngest wants an air guitar and a hot tub for some utterly random reason. My eldest really wants a Nintendo DS. But they have tablets already - technically they're ours that they get to use. I think thats maybe one of the reasons he wants a DS. He probably thinks if it's "his" then he can play on it when he wants. Which wouldn't be the case. He would still have x amount of time on it a day max.

Also he gets really bloody cross and agitated when his time is up on the tablet so I think a DS would make him even worse?

But that leaves nothing I can think of to get him. He's got loads of k'nex and lego already which he loves.

The youngest I was thinking of getting an Amazon Dot because he loves music. (He could play his air guitar at the same time!) Are they suitable for 5 years olds? Amazon Dots, not air guitars!

They both like sciencey stuff and my eldest likes building stuff.

All ideas gratefully appreciated!!

Onceuponatime21 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:26:16

Hex bugs ?

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 31-Oct-17 22:28:12

Stick bots?

PickleSarnie Tue 31-Oct-17 22:39:16

We have hexbugs. They love them.

Stick bots look fab! Off to check them out more

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: