Talk

Advanced search

When do you put your Christmas tree up?

(98 Posts)
Paisley8880 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:19:17

I keep seeing/hearing people saying it’s November tomorrow my tree can go upshock

I don’t put mine up till the first weekend in December! When do you put yours up?

GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough Tue 31-Oct-17 22:21:05

December usually the 2nd week!

SeamusMacDubh Tue 31-Oct-17 22:30:31

Usually a week into December but we're going to buy it in the last week of November and I'll decorate it so it's ready for 1st December this year. Both DC are just about getting old enough to really get excited about festivals/holidays and I want Advent to be really Christmassy for them

fleshmarketclose Tue 31-Oct-17 22:31:25

This is the first year in thirty years that I can choose when the tree goes up as I no longer live with exh and so it will go up on the 22nd December as I hate the clutter. Exh insisted ours was up a fortnight before Christmas until twelfth night, I intend taking ours down before New Year tbh.

Hassled Tue 31-Oct-17 22:32:07

Mid December. I have to have a real tree (though I can't even remember why now - it's just ingrained) and I can't cope with the needle droppage from having them up too long.

WitchesHatRim Tue 31-Oct-17 22:33:16

First weekend in December

ASqueakingInTheShrubbery Tue 31-Oct-17 22:33:47

First weekend in December. It lasts just about to the other side of Christmas. I love Christmas trees and want to get my money's worth.

Doggington Tue 31-Oct-17 22:34:47

Around 10th Dec

pilates Tue 31-Oct-17 22:36:39

First weekend in December

YellowMakesMeSmile Tue 31-Oct-17 22:59:50

About the 15th December, later if I can get away with it. I love Christmas but like to celebrate it at the actual time not two months before.

peachy94 Tue 31-Oct-17 23:13:05

Ex colleague and weirdest guy I have ever met has his whole house decked out by the 1st Nov. He has several trees, lights everywhere, white fluffy floor coverings to look like snow, cotton wool on window sills, numerous Christmas nic naks, foil snowflakes and paper chains hanging from every inch of his ceiling, tinsel on everything.

i wont be having one of my own this year as dp and i live in a shared house so it will be his mum putting hers u, i know it goes up sometime in december usually but not sure exactly when

ProseccoMamam Wed 01-Nov-17 00:20:16

Christmas Eve the tree and decorations go up, me DH and the kids spend the day decorating the house and putting the tree up and then settle on the sofa in the evening with the Christmas lights sparking watching a Christmas film with a hot chocolate.

Then once the kids are asleep in bed me and DH put the presents under. The tree and decorations are taken down on Boxing Day.

I know it’s a very short span of time and nobody (that I have met anyway) does this, but I have OCD so ‘trimmings’ make me very anxious. I make a massive effort to do a ‘big’ Christmas because of this, I don’t want to feel like I’ve made the kids miss out. Although I get lots of comments from other mums that they wish they could do the same grin

RebeccaWrongDaily Wed 01-Nov-17 00:22:45

first Saturday in December.

oldlaundbooth Wed 01-Nov-17 00:24:19

First weekend in December 🌲🌲🌲🌲

MissConductUS Wed 01-Nov-17 00:28:04

Thanksgiving weekend. We have a very nice artificial tree and plenty of room for it so it goes up early. The cats love to hide under it. 😺😺😺

Diamondjoan Wed 01-Nov-17 00:32:12

First weekend after the 8th, so will be going up on the 9th this year, can't waitgrin

abitoflight Wed 01-Nov-17 00:46:45

First weekend December
Paying all that money tbh - I like to get my money’s worth and have it up early
£60 or so?? Need it for decent tome

BriechonCheese Wed 01-Nov-17 00:50:04

The Sunday before Christmas - so the 19th this year.

Southlondonmum76 Wed 01-Nov-17 01:01:20

First weekend in December.

confused123456 Wed 01-Nov-17 01:20:54

The 1st weekend in December. It comes down January 6th.
Love it

Joanne1991 Wed 01-Nov-17 01:38:05

Mine goes up in the middle of November

Cavender Wed 01-Nov-17 01:42:55

Pre- kids, the weekend before Christmas. Post kids mid December so probably the 17th this year.

It comes down in 12th night.

I don’t really understand putting them up in November and then taking them down on Boxing day because you’re bored of them- just put them up at the proper time!

In my view if you need to dust your decorations, you put them up too early.

Topseyt Wed 01-Nov-17 02:13:00

If I had the choice then ours would go up on Christmas Eve and come down on Boxing Day.

As it is, it is usually just after schools break up, and down by New Year.

PressPaws Wed 01-Nov-17 04:30:30

Normally Dec 1st. But DD is so excited this year that we'll probably put it up a little earlier. I don't mind, I love having it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now