Talk

Advanced search

What's your colour theme?

(23 Posts)
thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:21:25

This might have been asked already, but I wondered what your colour theme is for Christmas this year? I've been making decorations to sell at Christmas fairs and local shops, and I want a good range of colours.

Quick about round the range today suggests there's - pale frosty blues/greens/whites; traditional; gold; silver.
Anyone go for pink, purple, black?

Fekko Tue 31-Oct-17 19:25:01

Ooh not thought of it. I may go for toddler choice (i.e. all colours) with the usual polar bears (which I have around the place all year anyway as I love polar bears).

We need a bit of mad colour these days, I think.

BarbaraOcumbungles Tue 31-Oct-17 19:26:47

Always red green and gold with coloured lights.

RefuseTheLies Tue 31-Oct-17 19:28:08

Green, white and silver for us this year to match my new kitchen

TwinkleTwinkleLittleEtoile Tue 31-Oct-17 19:29:51

Red, green and gold, always.

I really dislike blue at Christmas. It just doesn't feel Christmassy to me.

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:29:53

I'm doing duck egg, copper and white this year, to match my new lounge decoration.

OwlKiss Tue 31-Oct-17 19:31:00

I like a range of colours. I wouldn't go for black, but I might mix in a bit of pink and purple with my red, gold, silver and green.

I like warm jewel colours best, I wouldn't just go for a Frozen palette!

I am not very "on trend" though, so you probably want to disregard what I say!

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:31:10

Twinkle yes, I think that too. I like navy blue, and pale 'snowy' blue, but the very bright blue especially for lights is not my cup of tea at all.

Bluntness100 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:33:09

I use pale gold only on the tree. We have a couple of bits and pieces our daughter made when she was younger, and a couple of expensive baubles ie glass doves, that aren’t gold, but it’s predominantly different shades of gold.

Elegant but rather dull. I do live in a period property though, so it fits in. When my daughter was younger it was more multi coloured and Mad cap,but now I try to aim for a little less cheerfully tacky, as We are all adults. 😁

HandbagCrazy Tue 31-Oct-17 19:34:23

I am another that doesn’t stray too far from traditional gold, white, green and red. I also like a few vintage-type wooden decorations along with delicate simply painted glass baubles.
I do have a family member that has a fantastic white tree that has jewel coloured decorations that always look fantastic.

I personally wouldn’t have blue - I tried it once and it felt more like winter decoration rather than Christmas. I love the idea of copper decorations though!

DaisyRaine90 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:39:39

Gold/red/green and a little white (snow) and wood
Lots of glitter and snow globes and knitted stockings
Wooden nativity scene
Real tree

🎄

Crumbs1 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:40:53

I don’t have ‘ a theme’. Our tree decorations have been collected over years, made by children or friends or inherited. Then lots of greenery, tartan ribbon, nativity set, and an advent ring. Assorted clear glass baubles on fine gold ribbons of different lengths separate entrance hall from dining room.
I dislike ‘tasteful’, colour coordinated decorations, dislike colours except green, gold and red and dislike coloured fairy lights. Really dislike blue lights or decorations.

Grottobags Tue 31-Oct-17 19:42:51

Multicoloured!

If I were going for a colour scheme though it would probably be rose golds, coppers, pale pinks.

NotAPuffin Tue 31-Oct-17 19:47:12

The dining room tree has white lights, clear glass baubles and garlands of gold wire stars.

The sitting room tree has mainly baby blue, white and red decorations, though there are multicoloured ones in there too. Mainly blue and red though. It has a slightly 50s feel to it. I got a set of these to go on it this year: www.etsy.com/ie/listing/555800521/35-led-bulbs-handmade-ocean-blue-cocoon?ref=

The stairs has a garland with red ribbons and lights, and apple and orange slices.

The kitchen has mainly white and red stuff.

DD has a pink tree with pink and white decorations, and DD has a blue one with multicoloured decorations.

Basically, we have almost every option covered. We rather like Christmas and have no taste whatsoever grin

SimplyNigella Tue 31-Oct-17 20:00:29

Red and white, Scandi themed

NoWordForFluffy Tue 31-Oct-17 20:32:56

Same as SimplyNigella here.

NellyTimes Tue 31-Oct-17 21:25:34

All the colours.

thenewaveragebear1983 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:30:10

Great, thanks. Think I need to make a few more traditional ones, some red and gold, and some red and white to balance out the more modern ones.

WhoKn0wsWhereTheSlimeGoes Tue 31-Oct-17 22:34:37

Bright multi-coloured every year here, red, blue, silver, gold, green. No pink, purple, black or pastel shades.

sonlypuppyfat Tue 31-Oct-17 23:08:31

No my tree is a memory tree, with different ornaments collected over the years, when DS was a toddler he liked steam trains so I've a glass train, he's 18 now. I buy a Disney one each year. This year dd likes unicorns so one of those will go on. So every branch is fun to look at

FinallyHere Tue 31-Oct-17 23:15:51

Green (the tree), gold and ivory. Always. HTH.

Insomnibrat Tue 31-Oct-17 23:19:08

Every colour, shape and size in existence and a few that even aren't!

We add a few new special pieces to our decorations every year, keep special ones and it's resulted in a lovely, 'traditional' style warm, childhood memories mish mash of memories.

I really dislike colour themed decorations, I find it all really impersonal.

thenewaveragebear1983 Wed 01-Nov-17 06:59:43

Ooooh gold and Ivory, haven't done one of those yet either.

Ok- so that's a red and white, gold green and white, and red and gold on my list to do today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now