Talk

Advanced search

In solidarity with our Catalan friends, I give you a pooing statue

(7 Posts)
singadream Tue 31-Oct-17 12:31:15

Anyone heard of these? I read about them in my Christmas Good Housekeeping (the Sandi Toksvig column at the back).
I think my kids would adore a pooing Spider-Man. In fact yes, I am going to get them one. Actually I want to get one for every person I know!

https://www.caganer.com/en/

Gingernaut Tue 31-Oct-17 12:32:31

www.caganer.com/en/

Jedbartletforpresident Tue 31-Oct-17 12:42:03

I thought this was going to be about Tió de Nadal! My DCs learned about them in Spanish class at school and have wanted one ever since!

It's a fun tradition - I'm not so sure about pooing statues though

elQuintoConyo Tue 31-Oct-17 12:46:41

We have a caganer and a caga tio.

You hide the caganer in amongst your nativity scene (his poo is supposed to fertilize the earth for the coming year) and the caga tio gets whacked with a stick so he poos presents on Christmas Eve.

The cagao tio is a version of the Yule log - he comes down from the forests on the mountain on 1st December.

I have fiends in Texas who loved mine so much they made their own <waves to Houston tio>

deadlegs Tue 31-Oct-17 12:53:06

The Catalans love their poo! Our DCs think a Caganer is a perfectly normal part of the nativity scene, and are always disappointed when they don't find him in any local ones (in Wales).

I've been to the caganer shop you linked, it's only a small shop but is literally floor to ceiling in these characters. Everything from the Pope, Donald trump, to footballers and cartoon characters. I nearly bought a poo-ing Darth vader!

elQuintoConyo Tue 31-Oct-17 12:57:59

I have a Casteller Caganer in our town's colours. It is ace! 4-people high in white trousers and lilac top.

Classy.

ohanabanana Tue 31-Oct-17 13:21:31

This year is the first time I’ve ever heard of the present shitting log! How fantastically bonkers! I want one, it needs to become the next ‘thing’ over here like elf on the shelf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now