Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a mid-30s male - €50ish budget, Secret Santa recipient

(8 Posts)
BiddyPop Tue 31-Oct-17 09:44:56

I'm hoping people have some ideas for me.

Between DH and I , we have been given 2 males, a mid-30s and early-40s, for Secret Santa. (I had already bought for everyone months ago as I didn't think we were doing that this year - 1 "D"Sis took it upon herself in isolation to do "the draw" and inform everyone else!).

1 doesn't really have hobbies - just work all hours, likes to cook but little time, so I'm kinda stumped.

The other is early-40s, doesn't drink, enjoys drama but works shifts so tickets etc are not a good idea, and again I'm stumped.

As I have a few weeks yet, any wonderful ideas that I can organize? I also have to get them to the family home for Christmas when I won't be there myself - but should be able to manage that if I have to organized before mid-Dec.

RuggerHug Tue 31-Oct-17 10:10:20

What had you already bought them? You can get vouchers for Bord Gais theatre and the NCH if that helps for that one?
Our family Kris kindle is only drawn at the beginning of December. Messes my system up completely waiting for the names and the budget is it has to be €10 so creativity is sometimes required..

Jaffalong Tue 31-Oct-17 10:26:04

Can you not use what you've already bought for them? I'd be disinclined to buy extra gifts once I'd already done my shopping. Go through what you're already got and see if they are suitable or if they can be bundled up to form part of a hamper/bundle type gift. I'm guessing the males are your brother in laws.

BiddyPop Tue 31-Oct-17 11:04:21

One was a nice Christmas mug, and the other a nice candle holder. But part of a "couple" gift in both cases. And far less than €50 (actually, both probably look like €20 rather than what I actually paid, but still, not a KK present).

Yes, I think I will have to go the hamper route for both. Although a theatre voucher may be a good idea!

Spam88 Tue 31-Oct-17 14:06:22

Maybe a Gousto box for the one who likes cooking, or one of those other subscription services where you get spices/recipes?

Catanddogmake6 Tue 31-Oct-17 23:36:47

What does the one who works all hours do? Is it office based? Would something like a posh pen or an A4 document folder (a leather one with notepad, clip for pen and space for papers (perhaps personalised)) work? If he commutes a posh scarf (again you can get personalised - Not on the High Street) or gloves.

Catanddogmake6 Tue 31-Oct-17 23:40:05

Also for the one that works shifts that would surely mess his sleep up. Could you get something sleep related? This Works does sleep related sprays etc and gender neutral. Plus there is a code for money off on the Bargains board. Perhaps an audible gift voucher so he can listen to plays/ drama?

BiddyPop Wed 01-Nov-17 07:03:08

Ooh thanks catanddog there's some food for thought there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now